Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 041: Manta Rays (boost up in swimming)

Biogamer

The maximum speed a nicheling can swim is 8, but what if we make it higher. The Manta ray swims at 9 mph and at times have a burst of speed making them travel around 22 mph, making them pretty good swimmers. First the cephalic snout would be unlocked by swimming and fishing 50 times, with the effects being +2 fishing and +2 smelling (they have acute smelling). It would likely look like gills except scratch the gills and add two flipper like features at the front of the snout. Next the manta Body would be unlocked by swimming 100 times and would give +2 swimming, +1 underwater breathing, +1 scentless and disables paws. Finally the manta barbs would be unlocked by inviting this gene into your tribe and would provide +1 poisonous and +1 poisonous resistance. Finally a new pattern where the top part of the body (backside) would be darker shade while the underbelly would be a lighter shade. The colours may vary.

Hope this was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer.

download.jpg

Edited by Biogamer
VankirvanJD made me look at this differently and I found some new facts(Cheers)
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

11 replies to this post

I had to sketch these genes, they sound so cool. I think a straight up manta ray head would be adorable, and though it might seem strange on a nicheling we have feathered wings and beaks so it might not be too weird. Also I feel like +2 or +3 fishing on the cephalic head would be better since manta mouths are greatly adapted for this.

I based the tail off a stingray tail since mantas don't have barbs and I tried with the manta fins. They might be too big for a nicheling but I think the tail and cephalic head would work perfectly. :D

manta.thumb.png.2ebbfb7124b6f14b00dda71533f58bea.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Biogamer said:

Yeah and the as for the cephalic head I didn't wanted it to seem to much.

I don't think it would be too much since other heads like bird beak and bat head have way more stats. You could also probably add an underwater breathing now that I think about it, but it's up to you. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biogamer said:

Well I planed to but the problem was that the gills aren't on the manta rays head, but on the body.

Ah that's true. What if you replaced the manta fins with a manta body instead that cancels out the paws and adds swimming and underwater breathing? Not sure haha, either way I'd love to have these genes in-game :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Biogamer said:

Hmm I'll edit the request, again 😂

Ah you didn't have to change it if you didn't want to, I don't want you to feel pressured to change it! 

Also the thing you suggested with a darker top and lighter bottom can be found in this suggestion :)https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/3747-countershading/#comment-17294