Stray Fawn Community

Pattern Presentation Type Gene

Pokestardragacraft

Similar to my issue with a heterochromia gene, there are many pattern suggestions that I feel like should be combined into the same gene slot rather than having only two alleles for a gene slot. Thanks to this post for the inspiration:

First would be your standard "Normal Pattern" allele which would not affect the normal pattern gene presentation.

Next would be the "Aging Pattern", "Childhood Pattern", and "Adult Pattern" alleles. The "Aging Pattern" would change throughout a nichelings life where in the baby and child stages, the nicheling would have little to no patterns if the nicheling is supposed to have patterns. In the teen stage, the nicheling would have faint patterns. In the adult stage, the nicheling would have normal pattern presentation and finally in the last 1/5 or so of the nicheling's adult stage, patterns would become either darker or lighter and more imperfect. The "Childhood Pattern" would have the pattern and its benefits only be present during the nicheling's baby, child, and teen stages before it starts to fade in the teen stage and disappears in the adult stage. The "Adult Pattern" would be the foil to the "Childhood Pattern" where the nicheling wouldn't have patterns during the baby, child, and teen stages until it starts to develop into the adult stage where the benefits would only be activated.

After the age-based alleles would be the amount of pattern that would be shown. These are the "Heavy Presentation" and "Light Presentation" alleles where the "Heavy Presentation" allele shows darker and more vibrant patterns and the "Light Presentation" allele shows a more faded pattern.

Next would be the "Countershading" allele which would cause the creature's pattern and fur color to be darker on the back of the nicheling and lighter on the front of the nicheling and could increase camoflauge.

After that would be "Tricoloration" which I will leave to the posts it's inspired by to explain.

Finally, one of my personal favorites is "Bioluminescence" which would cause the pattern to glow. The dominance of this trait works slightly differently in order to make it work like the original post's idea. If a creature has a "Normal Pattern" allele and a "Bioluminescence" allele, the trait will make the normally presented pattern color glow. If a creature has two "Bioluminescence" alleles, then it would glow in a random, bright color like toxic body. The "Bioluminescence" allele also could work as an allele for the pre-existing pattern allele but this would prevent certain pattern colors from being able to glow.

So the dominance would be Normal Pattern > Aging Pattern > Childhood Pattern > Adult Pattern > Heavy Presentation > Light Presentation > Countershading > Tricoloration > Bioluminescence*

I might make concept art soon, so if you have any ideas for how you think these alleles should look in the genotype, lemme know!

Here are posts that these alleles were inspired by:

• Like 2

2 replies to this post