Stray Fawn Community

filter feeding and flamingo bill

kakapo123

Inspired by this gene here:

There's a lot of suggestions for having more diverse aquatic habitats, I don't remember reading anything about this but correct me if I'm wrong :D

Anyhoo, this would be a new ability and food source. It would essentially be an underwater equivalent to the insect collecting. The plankton would appear in spaces underwater and would look and work like the swarms of flies in swamp islands, only instead of moving closer to your nichelings each turn they would move away cause they don't want to get eaten

The filter feeding ability would come with 2 new genes, and would work the same way insect collecting does with the bug swarms

1 of the new genes would be the cephalic lobes in the suggestion linked above. The stats would be the same but because mantas are filter feeders they would get +2 filter feeding instead of +2 fishing 

The other gene would be a flamingo bill, because flamingos are pretty cool, it would give +2 smelling and +2 filter feeding

MHenneberg+Flamingo+1.jpg

63c3519d7eb2fd73f75cdb4cc4dea309.jpg

Edit: the cephalic lobes would be unlocked by filter feeding 30 times and swimming 30 times and the flamingo bill would be unlocked by filter feeding 70 times (same as the platypus beak)

I was also thinking there could be an orange-pink fur colour like a flamingo cause you can never have too many fur colours. It would add +1 attractiveness

Here's some more fur colour and pattern posts, you should check them out:

These aren't exactly fur colours but theyre related: if one/both of them was given a different name id like to see both added:

I've sort of gone off the topic of the post a bit lol but you should upvote these they're pretty cool

Edited by BirdsAreCool
added how you would unlock them
  • Like 2

11 replies to this post

Aha great minds think alike! Look what I was working on. ;) I also did a whale head (horrendous I know) a penguin and a crab-eater seal head. I think filter feeding would be a great addition to the game, making the water a little more full of life. Upvoted!

20190403_190148.thumb.jpg.c962446240e70a60ed6877db3fa1c69c.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, VankirvanJD said:

Aha great minds think alike! Look what I was working on. ;) I also did a whale head (horrendous I know) a penguin and a crab-eater seal head. I think filter feeding would be a great addition to the game, making the water a little more full of life. Upvoted!

20190403_190148.thumb.jpg.c962446240e70a60ed6877db3fa1c69c.jpg

ba254c45-56a6-11e9-af48-7de18f070671.gif

?

• Like 2