Stray Fawn Community

Noooooooooooo!

So I got home and saw that there's a new update on the tester branch and thought, yay! I'll play more niche!

I go into steam to update niche and my entire computer just went insane....

One restart later, and my computer is working again but horror of horrors, Niche got uninstalled somehow

My more computer literate friend thinks that what happened is something went wrong during the update with my hard drive and so the update cancelled, but it cancelled having cleared out the old version already

Now I have to back everything up off my hard drive and re-install Niche which, given terrible Australian internet, is probably going to take ten hours

Hopefully the Fish Tail Clan will have survived this nightmare (my saves still seem to be there so fingers crossed)

• Sad 3

I hope everything will go alright. A few years back my laptop totally shut down (unrelated to Niche) but a computer tech friend of my mom was luckily able to safe everything.

• Like 3

On 4/4/2019 at 12:17 AM, ValkyrieWolff said:

So I got home and saw that there's a new update on the tester branch and thought, yay! I'll play more niche!

I go into steam to update niche and my entire computer just went insane....

One restart later, and my computer is working again but horror of horrors, Niche got uninstalled somehow

My more computer literate friend thinks that what happened is something went wrong during the update with my hard drive and so the update cancelled, but it cancelled having cleared out the old version already

Now I have to back everything up off my hard drive and re-install Niche which, given terrible Australian internet, is probably going to take ten hours

Hopefully the Fish Tail Clan will have survived this nightmare (my saves still seem to be there so fingers crossed)

Once, when I was offline, all my steam games simultaneously started updating. no reason. offline.... on a road trip 

Welp. No more Niche!

21 minutes ago, Aetherskye said:

Once, when I was offline, all my steam games simultaneously started updating. no reason. offline.... on a road trip 

Welp. No more Niche!

My Laptop had the same bright idea at school and was unusable for 3 hours. Who doesn't need that Windows update...

• Like 2