Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 045: Thorny Devil (More Spikiness genes)

Biogamer

The thorny devil is well known for it's odd appearance and interesting lifestyle. So first the thorny devil's snout would he unlocked by spending 50 days in a savannah biome and insect collecting 30 times. The effects would be +1 insect collecting, +1 smelling and +1 spikiness. Next the thorny body would be unlocked by receiving 30 attacks and spending 30 days in a savannah biome. The effects would be +1 spikiness, +2 defence  and +1 heat resistance. Finally the thorny tail would be unlocked by receiving 50 attacks and the effects being +1 spikiness.

Hope this was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer.

download.jpg

Edited by Biogamer
BirdsareCool idea made way more sense (cheers)
  • Like 2

2 replies to this post

The thorny body would be quite cool, but that's an awful lot to unlock it. I'd change it to receive 30 attacks and spend 30 days in a hot climate. I'd also change the stats to +1 spikiness (same as the spiky body), +2 defense (cause defense is the main adaptation of the body) and then either +1 heat resistance or +1 scentlessness (I think heat resistance would make a lot more sense)

• Like 3

I love the idea for Thorny Snout! It seems like a good balance between cute and fierce. However,  the Thorny Body gene seems like it would be quite similar to Spiky Body but if the design and purpose are different enough, I'm sure it would be fine. I'd also suggest that you bring down the requirements to unlock the genes, maybe by like 5 or 10 actions as we don't want it to be too hard. Also, maybe instead of (or along with- but preferably the latter) Insect Collecting you could have Heat Resistance to make it more like a set. Perhaps a Thorny Tail to add onto it?