• I love them
    • They're nice
    • I like them
    • Okay, I guess
    • I don't care
    • I don't really like them
    • I dislike them
    • I HATE THEM!

They keep killing my children... He didn't even attack anything after the Poopbeer spawned...image.png.6f051c33c9d9d4ec74b25993da93beeb.png

Let's have a moment of silence for Rodukku and all of the other children that got murdered by poopbeers

image.png.67c6aec36317ec068b4bbcad209d3def.png

• Sad 3

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Tis why I turn them off every freakin time I do sandbox mode, now I’m almost afraid to meet them in story mode since I can’t turn them off there...

The thing is. I don't know what he gets out of this. Like if he had a symbiotic relationship with bunnies (he keeps them safe and eats their poop or something) that would make sense but as it is it just hates violence and it makes no sense.

The peaceful bear for example has a good symbiotic relationship. You give him nesting material, he protects you. But nothing like that with the defender bear.

Short: I hate him with a passion and I have him switched of all the time.

• Like 4

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, Jojo said:

The thing is. I don't know what he gets out of this. Like if he had a symbiotic relationship with bunnies (he keeps them safe and eats their poop or something) that would make sense but as it is it just hates violence and it makes no sense.

The peaceful bear for example has a good symbiotic relationship. You give him nesting material, he protects you. But nothing like that with the defender bear.

Short: I hate him with a passion and I have him switched of all the time.

I agree 100%!

hate defender bears. like if they hate violence so he trys to kills your nichelings if their not vegan. wth killing is violence.....

100% want them to commit delete from game

edit: i just remembered that a defender bear murdered my friendly bearyeana because he was protecting his mate that was being attacked by a balance bear.....

Edited by C0ffeebeans

I just noticed.. all the options that said something related to "Defender bears are the best!!" have 0%. I voted for "I don't care" because I've never seen one in Story Mode... yet. The bad thing is, I'm still on Archipelago, and they could spawn, and kill everybody because we mostly depend on a diet of meat and berries. But mostly meat.

• Like 1

They're not so good when you've been on a killing spree, but sometimes I love them. I imagine them as the Niche police :) I have a sketch i did on some homework of a big buff DBear body guard with a little rabbil on his shoulder that's waving to the scared nicheling below. :D DBears are great in my opinion. On one save I started on Deadly Hills and the tribe's main food source was the bearyenas the Police Bears killed (the bearyenas kept killing rabbils). The only problem is when you're on the Most Wanted list...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
2 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

if defender bears only attacked creatures who hunted harmless animals that would be fine. like, only rabbils and stagmoles

Yeah and not the rogue males at all.. those bears should learn what they do to your tribe’s females...

1 hour ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

Yeah and not the rogue males at all.. those bears should learn what they do to your tribe’s females...

the message says "one of your females bred with a rogue male"

if the female attacks the rogue and it still breads, it means that the female was testing the rogue's strenght

• Like 1

Hmm seems like I have to run some more tests with their motivation behaviours.
Every time I tested it so far, they have been so nice, even protecting me from Balance Bears!
But maybe they are only acting nice while I'm looking, since they don't want to to change their evil minds.
Sneaky  o_o

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Guest SilverTheNicheling
15 minutes ago, Philo said:

Hmm seems like I have to run some more tests with their motivation behaviours.
Every time I tested it so far, they have been so nice, even protecting me from Balance Bears!
But maybe they are only acting nice while I'm looking, since they don't want to to change their evil minds.
Sneaky  o_o

I’m happy though that they’re running away from my females whenever I’m having them attack the rogues, I’ve had so much frustration of just having them breed with my females everytime they attacked.. so I had to get them away and have the males chase em off, now it seems like my females are standing up for themselves more and not giving in to their charm.

Bah.. sorry if my writing is terrible.. just wanted to make a quick comment I guess.

This is a true story that takes place in a tribe of 30, but only one child had been born so far. The rest were found as wanderers. The tribe had only four adults.

Rodukku was having a nice time on his swamp. He mostly collected berries, but would occasionally kill a rabbil if they happeded to steal his berries.image.png.c48e9c7d67d4fa5e7427ec1819b0fc43.png

Then the Poopbeer spawned. Rodukku didn't want to anger it, so he stopped hunthing. He was busy digging up a root anyways.image.png.d728fe281adeeced54a0deb541e74298.png

A bearyena appeared, attacking poor Anaana. She clawed it and Miel, a blind pregnant female (one of the four adults) rushed to help her.image.png.007e4ce866e2d363f85fd0f3ff2902e4.png

The bearyena bit Anaana once and then killed the pregnant Miel!

image.png.dd4020f7938c592007412a81ded29c54.png

Anaana killed the bearyena for revenge. Laelta came to mourn the death of her friend/possible sisterimage.png.2ebf0fd595ef38b098be7fe8917ba248.png

Meanwhile Rodukku, who was short sighted, had lost sight of the Poopbeer. He moved one tile, found the Poopbeer and tried to dig up a root.

That was the last thing he ever did...

image.png.a592bf1374f047637c1e8e9b4c0c4741.png

After this I tried to keep playing, but the loss of these two (Miel was one of my favs) made me so frustrated I just closed Niche and made this poll.

• Sad 4

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, Lilytuft said:

This is a true story that takes place in a tribe of 30, but only one child had been born so far. The rest were found as wanderers. The tribe had only four adults.

Rodukku was having a nice time on his swamp. He mostly collected berries, but would occasionally kill a rabbil if they happeded to steal his berries.image.png.c48e9c7d67d4fa5e7427ec1819b0fc43.png

Then the Poopbeer spawned. Rodukku didn't want to anger it, so he stopped hunthing. He was busy digging up a root anyways.image.png.d728fe281adeeced54a0deb541e74298.png

A bearyena appeared, attacking poor Anaana. She clawed it and Miel, a blind pregnant female (one of the four adults) rushed to help her.image.png.007e4ce866e2d363f85fd0f3ff2902e4.png

The bearyena bit Anaana once and then killed the pregnant Miel!

image.png.dd4020f7938c592007412a81ded29c54.png

Anaana killed the bearyena for revenge. Laelta came to mourn the death of her fiend/possible sisterimage.png.2ebf0fd595ef38b098be7fe8917ba248.png

Meanwhile Rodukku, who was short sighted, had lost sight of the Poopbeer. He moved one tile, found the Poopbeer and tried to dig up a root.

That was the last thing he ever did...

image.png.a592bf1374f047637c1e8e9b4c0c4741.png

After this I tried to keep playing, but the loss of these two (Miel was one of my favs) made me so frustrated I just closed Niche and made this poll.

Seems much worse than a beareyna murdering my beareyna slayer last night.. so sorry that all happened...