Stray Fawn Community

If there were Niche plushies, what should they look like?

Philo

try making a smol mouth and attatch the teeth in there, that should work, also any of the yellow is too yellow, make all the yellow compare better to the pic of adam.

On 4/27/2020 at 1:03 PM, Sky said:

-The head shape does need to be changed. I like Goggles's example

-I think the fangs are fine. However, the chin still looks weird...

-mane definitely needs fixing, like you said

-I like the neck floof, however it kinda looks weird from the side. I think using the other material would make it look better, but I also think it needs to go just a little farther down the chest. (Later I might be able to draw and show what I mean but I can't right now)

-I think the tail should be fluffier! How is Adam going to keep himself warm with that??

-His little smile is too close to his nose. Maybe make it go down a little more before curling up? (again, later I might draw this)

-The ears look really thick. Obviously nichelings aren't THAT realistic, but on real animals, ears are pretty thin.

I agree with everything here. Also @Zixvir's profile pic reminds me, Adam kinda reminds me of a simba plush I had as a kid :)

• Like 1

Ok folks, I really have no clue which I find better, so help me decide please ^^
Should we keep the current "fluffy" material for the neck? -> REACT WITH "HAHA" if you prefer this
440376271_ScreenShot2020-04-30at21_16_34.png.049dad4a1142d20e3296491a20542584.png

--------
Or should we switch to this "fur-like" one? (In orange of course) -> REACT WITH "CONFUSED" if you prefer this
1131237860_ScreenShot2020-04-30at21_18_31.png.73dda0a7de2a792016a3e46b1ffad456.png

Thanks!

• Haha 5
  • Confused 16

48 minutes ago, Philo said:

Ok folks, I really have no clue which I find better, so help me decide please ^^
Should we keep the current "fluffy" material for the neck? -> REACT WITH "HAHA" if you prefer this
440376271_ScreenShot2020-04-30at21_16_34.png.049dad4a1142d20e3296491a20542584.png

--------
Or should we switch to this "fur-like" one? (In orange of course) -> REACT WITH "CONFUSED" if you prefer this
1131237860_ScreenShot2020-04-30at21_18_31.png.73dda0a7de2a792016a3e46b1ffad456.png

Thanks!

I like the longer fur because you can probably stylize it more-- make it poofy if you want. But I also think that it is closer to the Nichelings in the game. Also it looks soft and like you could put your face in it-- speaking of that, what's the scale of these? 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 6:33 AM, Philo said:

Just got some pictures with less perspective so we can actually see the proportions :)
(And one from below)
These pictures made it visible that the front paws are in the air xD
So I think I will request them to be a bit bigger. Same goes for the tail.

IMG_9220.thumb.jpeg.e2b3bec709a6197c636e4115fd08dfe8.jpeg  IMG_9219.thumb.jpeg.166bd4b4161966af55a7ddd4f16f89ff.jpeg 
IMG_9216.thumb.jpeg.dd9dfa39d748940ec95adc4a940ff7dd.jpeg  IMG_9215.thumb.jpeg.8c1ab5640754be9b7d15e035db8813a1.jpeg  

Eve: show me the goods.

Adam: *shows his paws* toe beans!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eek! 1

Just now, Goggles-kun said:

Eve: show me the goods.

Adam: *shows his paws* toe beans!

Aww, I didn't realize he had toe beans! Though, wouldn't it make more since if his paw pads were black or pink...?

29 minutes ago, Sky said:

Aww, I didn't realize he had toe beans! Though, wouldn't it make more since if his paw pads were black or pink...?

image.png.28fa262607093b0b96ee608df719ff42.png

Adam's toe beans. (This is the only image I could find of them :) )

It seems that Nicheling Toe beans are always a few shades darker than their fur.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aetherskye said:

image.png.28fa262607093b0b96ee608df719ff42.png

Adam's toe beans. (This is the only image I could find of them :) )

It seems that Nicheling Toe beans are always a few shades darker than their fur.

It looks a lot better there than on the plushie. @Philo, I think the paw pads should be darker (like in the image above) than the highlights (ears, muzzle, etc), almost the same color as the pattern. It looks weird with it being so light.

I did a Photoshop session with our artist Steffi (who paints all the Niche key visuals and made the intro) to send the plushie producers a good picture of what we would like to see changed. We adressed all these points and will give them the list:

Should be changed:
1) The head shape looks a bit squashed and too pointy. We liked the previous version better. Best would be something inbetween the two
2) Change neck fluff material to the the more fur-like one
3) Shape of neck fluff should be a bit longer 
4) Change Mane shape and position, make a bit smaller (was better on the version before)
5) The pads should be brown (same color as stripes)
6) The nose should be drawn a bit slimmer 
7) Make the front paws a bit bigger (make sure they touch the ground)
8. Make the tail a bit bigger 
9) Shape of the action point should be more oval and should have white dot painted on

If possible also:
10) Eyes should be more symmetrical, both same distance to the seams
11) Make stripes on back of head straight
12) Remove the seam on the front paws 
13) Make ears a bit thinner

We have decided to keep the lighter muzzle after also doing a test how it would look without and we also decided to not add ear stripes because it felt like the design gets overloaded with them. Happy to hear some more feedback before I send this off ^^

1811992519_adamplushieedited_Philo.thumb.jpg.d9e56344aeead00d222c4a31d873b177.jpg

• Like 5
  • Eek! 1
  • Paw up 3
  • Love 6

3 hours ago, Philo said:

I did a Photoshop session with our artist Steffi (who paints all the Niche key visuals and made the intro) to send the plushie producers a good picture of what we would like to see changed. We adressed all these points and will give them the list:

Should be changed:
1) The head shape looks a bit squashed and too pointy. We liked the previous version better. Best would be something inbetween the two
4) Change Mane shape and position, make a bit smaller (was better on the version before)
9) Shape of the action point should be more oval and should have white dot painted on

If possible also:

We have decided to keep the lighter muzzle after also doing a test how it would look without and we also decided to not add ear stripes because it felt like the design gets overloaded with them. Happy to hear some more feedback before I send this off ^^

1811992519_adamplushieedited_Philo.thumb.jpg.d9e56344aeead00d222c4a31d873b177.jpg

Perfection! No chance of him being ready by my Birthday I suppose...

I'm assuming it will take at least 2-4 months before we can even begin the Kickstarter ^^
(which we will need to do since we have to order at least 500)

• Like 1
  • Paw up 3

10 hours ago, Philo said:

Should be changed:

If possible also:

try making more spikes, making them spikyer, and connecting the spikes of mane fur.

11 hours ago, Philo said:

Should be changed:

If possible also:

The mane from the side kinda looks weird. i don't think Adam would have access to that kind of moisturizer to slick back his mane that well. (plus it doesn't match up with front view)

• Haha 3