Stray Fawn Community

Opetan suomea/I teach Finnish

Lilytuft

(Wilma is a Finnish education website that keeps track of students, their grades, homework, timetables, behavior in class, etc. It's very useful for teachers and also helps students remember homework and tests. A "stemppi merkki" is a green mark that you get for being active in class and doing well. Different colors mean different things. For example, brown, also known as "kakkaläikkä" among students, means that you have behaved badly and disturbed other students during class.)

• Thanks 1

I would like to sign up... I remember seeing this Finnish song to a M.A.P. It’s name was like Pilvet un mena en...

it it supposed to mean: I wish I was like the clouds as it’s english translation so I have something wrong

I FOUND THE TITLE: Pilvet liikkuu, minä en! (Which means: Clouds are moving, I don't)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Philoh said:

it's YA'LL

here in the best state, Texas

NO ITS TENNESSEE FOR ALL YALL FOLKS WONDERIN’ (We are really lazy.)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Philomena said:

mmmaaaaybee....as long as I don't have to manually write out 40,610 or whatever it was XD

don't worry, I hate those too so no extra long numbers :)

This is really cool! I think I'll read this through some time, but I don't think I'll make any progress...

How many languages do/did you guys have at school? I'm learning french and english and german kinda since my native language is swiss german. (Which is a great native language because there is no grammar)

• Like 1

i'd sign up but the duolingo owl is holding my family captive because i haven't done my spanish- I meaN- MUY BIEN!! HABLA ESPANO- HOY NO CAZADOR-  liberar a mi familia por favor

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Basil said:

i'd sign up but the duolingo owl is holding my family captive because i haven't done my spanish- I meaN- MUY BIEN!! HABLA ESPANO- HOY NO CAZADOR-  liberar a mi familia por favor

Ikr. I'm learning Japanese and it's like: Make the owl happy! Do a lesson of Japanese or else we will turn into Satan and kill everyone you love!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Somebody in my class is doing duolingo (even though we have bad enough torture in Spanish class) and he said he got his first notification.

Unless if he is Christ reborn (which I can assure you he’s not) duolingo has not killed him (If they killed his family he still wouldn’t be coming to school)

• 9 months later...
On 4/9/2019 at 8:15 PM, Just normal Lilytuft said:

Hei! Tervetuloa suomen peruskurssille! Minä olen epävirallinen opettajanne Liljatupsu.

This will be a basic course that will teach you survival Finnish, since I'm just 14 and don't know how to explain the more complicated things. German speaking people might have an easier time with the verbs, but we'll see about that.

I hope to work together with Dai's nicheling school in the future.

Oppilaat/students:

Speedy Philo (Renio2490)

Philomena (Bostonlobstah)

PhilIo (Aetherskye)

Want to learn Finnish? Just sign up!

I wanna learn finnish! Tarvitsen vain keskustelua, ei mitään kielioppia, onks se mahdollista? Olisi ihanaa! kiitos

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Orsi said:

I wanna learn finnish! Tarvitsen vain keskustelua, ei mitään kielioppia, onks se mahdollista? Olisi ihanaa! kiitos

Welcome to the forums! I'd be happy to teach you, tough it seems that you already know some. "Onks" isn't something you'd get from google translate. I'm suspecting you're secretly Finnish XD