Stray Fawn Community

Suspicious Similarities

Lil' Sun Leopard

Guest SilverTheNicheling
15 hours ago, Lil' Sun Leopard said:

Alright well let's not mock Brianna behind her back so much

Honestly.. I agree, since she sounds so much younger and ignorant, we could at least be the teacher here and talk to her about why tracing and stealing art is bad and how you shouldn’t do it, I feel like mocking her is only going to make it worse, and I’m not saying you guys have done a bad thing here, I’m just saying that we should maybe treat her with a little more kindness and give her some education so that she wouldn’t have to keep doing this ever again. I know I’m not great at talking or writing here, but I just wanted to get it out so you guys can see.

17 hours ago, C0ffeebeans said:

i think they deleted the traced art it isnt showing up.

It appears she deleted some of the traced art, but the more discretely traced art still remains. Ask Meme was traced from "Another Adam", "meme!!!!!" was traced from "fangs" and "memes fam" was traced from "Random Nichelings"

• Like 2

On 4/17/2019 at 2:23 AM, Katumai said:

wait

I challenge everyone to draw Meme

Now I know which nicheling I'm going to butcher when I try to learn to draw with my tablet (that I'm so excited for by the way)

• Like 1

flashback to when i was 10 or so (3 years ago. shame on me) and made 'ocs' by taking other people's drawings of wolves and coloring a bit of it. then posted it to PicCollage. though I honestly thought it was okay

look I have some of it saved onto my phone

original

image.png.77f9baf93d14e4d125f930898e320259.png

my wonderfully edited version

image.png.176518f0c4aa2bb8d40663dba65144f3.png

the thing I posted to PicCollage (I do in fact remember that I did all of this with 'Snowtail' and 'Cloudear'

image.thumb.png.76b31bf704c458fb33bcf1176f81ad30.png

I have a few more too, including a picture of Rapunzel with short hair but I colored part of it green... wow

this concludes my flashback of when I was a 10 yr old art stealer

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

flashback to when i was 10 or so (3 years ago. shame on me) and made 'ocs' by taking other people's drawings of wolves and coloring a bit of it. then posted it to PicCollage. though I honestly thought it was okay

look I have some of it saved onto my phone

original

image.png.77f9baf93d14e4d125f930898e320259.png

my wonderfully edited version

image.png.176518f0c4aa2bb8d40663dba65144f3.png

the thing I posted to PicCollage (I do in fact remember that I did all of this with 'Snowtail' and 'Cloudear'

image.thumb.png.76b31bf704c458fb33bcf1176f81ad30.png

I have a few more too, including a picture of Rapunzel with short hair but I colored part of it green... wow

this concludes my flashback of when I was a 10 yr old art stealer

Yeah, I did a bit of that with 

-skystar- on scratch. Apologized on YouTube though. (She accepted!)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bostonlobstah said:

I don't know if I have stolen/traced anyone's art....but if I did it was likely when I was 10 too. 

There's a good chance that this kid doesn't think it's wrong either. I know I sure didn't think about it when I was 10.

i think they know that tracing is wrong now. Aetherskye (i think) told them on steam that they'll get fined if their caught tracing without permission.

1 hour ago, Bostonlobstah said:

I don't know if I have stolen/traced anyone's art....but if I did it was likely when I was 10 too. 

There's a good chance that this kid doesn't think it's wrong either. I know I sure didn't think about it when I was 10.

I've never traced or stolen art. Mostly because my uncle is an artist and when I was 8 or 9 he told me not to steal or trace anyone's art. So, when I was 10 I knew it was bad.

Guest SilverTheNicheling

I know I haven’t posted in a while but... look what mah Adam and Eve had.. AND HER NAME IS MEME TOO!

1524207D-2498-4944-AA71-8E4A3BD818F8.jpeg

22 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

I know I haven’t posted in a while but... look what mah Adam and Eve had.. AND HER NAME IS MEME TOO!

You should call her Meme, Reincarnated. xD

• Like 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 hour ago, MelonNicheling said:

You should call her Meme, Reincarnated. xD

Oh she is definitely gonna be a nice addition because of that claw, I’ll probably be breeding her too since I have someone with home island immunity(unlike her..)to carry around x3

6 hours ago, C0ffeebeans said:

i think they know that tracing is wrong now. Aetherskye (i think) told them on steam that they'll get fined if their caught tracing without permission.

Hehe yeah I go about it the ‘mom’ way.

I am never mean about it, I just convince them not to do it.

7 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

I haven't stolen or traced art, but I have traced cat pics. I don't do that anymore

original picimage.thumb.png.d63a5bea69fc932862caf81e0f01210c.png

(https://www.elaintieto.fi/kissan-hyvinvointi/)

Traced picimage.png.a8e47c67af2dd0a96683aa57d423f837.png

Redraw (without tracing)image.thumb.png.386f4c08130c6f6452ec0b46631fa7ea.png

Kind of a redrawimage.thumb.png.be0230a534417347c56d723e9ca0d584.png

I do it to pictures that I will never share. Mostly to help with anatomy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

:Eek: OUR LORD AND SAVIOR MEME:Eek:

now it's time for king ape lol

Guest SilverTheNicheling
7 hours ago, C0ffeebeans said:

:Eek: OUR LORD AND SAVIOR MEME:Eek:

now it's time for king ape lol

God this makes my day.. especially with meme, gawd the irony, it’s too bad she won’t live long.. but she’s had a son with heat body and orange fur like Adam, named Inferno :3

19 hours ago, Aetherskye said:

I do it to pictures that I will never share. Mostly to help with anatomy.

Me too! I also use them to figure out how I want to draw stuff myself (I just incorporate a small part of it into my style. I have trouble trying to figure out how I want to draw stuff. :(). I'm 100% self-taught in drawing, so how I do it is copying someone else's art, then drawing it from that copy, then drawing it from memory. Then I have the 'how to draw it' engraved in my head xD (the first time I did it like this was to draw a MLP... they were so bad tho! and I drew SO. MANY. by the time I was out of that phase, my ponies looked worse than they did when I started! this was about the time of my art-stealing that I mentioned earlier) Of course, I never post this stuff online. I just sorta use it to help me draw cats or whatever better.

Admittingly, when I was younger, I used to shamelessly trace art sometimes. I never shared them, though; I just did them for fun. Nowadays, though, for practice I try to free-hand drawings while looking at references. I don’t necessarily copy them, I just use a reference for my own pleasure/to improve my skill.

Example:

6F2879A7-9783-4489-8D18-E5B866F644B9.png.6dad31dfd386b6c78a654d5bc1b20e1a.png

(The original image that I didn’t draw; perhaps I should find the name of the artist?)

C949BB6E-97DF-474C-85C8-99B0923C26B9.thumb.png.e4b4a762ccfcffa975cfa097f84a4b75.png

(My version. I was inspired by the first drawing Because I’m gay for Lucina but didn’t necessarily trace it.)

I only ever trace if I have to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

Me too! I also use them to figure out how I want to draw stuff myself (I just incorporate a small part of it into my style. I have trouble trying to figure out how I want to draw stuff. :(). I'm 100% self-taught in drawing, so how I do it is copying someone else's art, then drawing it from that copy, then drawing it from memory. Then I have the 'how to draw it' engraved in my head xD (the first time I did it like this was to draw a MLP... they were so bad tho! and I drew SO. MANY. by the time I was out of that phase, my ponies looked worse than they did when I started! this was about the time of my art-stealing that I mentioned earlier) Of course, I never post this stuff online. I just sorta use it to help me draw cats or whatever better.

Yeah if I do share it:

Ex: I sketch out a stock (I always make sure they are stock photos.) and used it for a sphynx cat.

I then tilted it's head and changed it to a completely different thing. :3

• Like 1

I sometimes trace, but I never share it! I think it's ok to trace if you need to practice drawing or anatomy as long as you either don't post the traced image or ask the owner of the original picture if you can use it and credit them.

• Like 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
8 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

To be honest.. I did the exact same thing back then, and I just improved naturally overtime from tracing..