Stray Fawn Community

Replete Peaceful Bear did not protect baby

glitchplight

Unfortuantely I can't really catch this kind of thing in a screenshot, but there was at one point a time when a peaceful bear failed to protect a baby right next to it despite being replete on the turn both before and after (I had plenty of nesting material and made sure to check the tooltip).

One thing I should explain though: the peaceful bear DID successfully protect a bunch of babies for quite a long time from being surrounded by two killer bearyenas and a couple of other normal bearyenas. The one that killed the baby was a killer bearyena specifically. I'm aware there are hidden parameters for enemy creatures like fear, hunger, etc. so it makes me curious that instead of this being a bug, this is because the killer bearyena got hungry enough to override its fear to attack my baby anyway? (especially since a killer bearyena would probably have less fear than a normal bearyena?)

5 replies to this post

Thanks for the feedback!
Bluebirds and Defender Bears will also be scared of Peaceful Bears in the next update.

Also yes, the Bearyenas probably got very hungery and attacked anyways. 

• Like 1

I bring this bug up because I had the same problem but with a blue bird ! The screenshot is not very efficient but here you are one if you want : 

68b92559b1c5f36d1fc29115df6d335f.png

The empty nest had a baby before, riiiight next to the Peaceful Bear, and a blue bird managed to kill him. Is it a bug or I didn't understood how Peaceful Bear worked... It was replete too !!

• Like 1

@Cataries I had a similar problem when a defender bear attacked a baby that was next to the Peaceful bear. I just don't use the Peaceful bear anymore because I don't see it's use now other than maybe scaring Bearyena's away.

Has the Peaceful Bearever ever kept bluebirds at bay? I thought it just deterred bearyenas...

Anyways, the bearyenas probably did get really 'hungry' and just went after the baby.

I never will and never have liked Peaceful Bears...