Stray Fawn Community

Really crappy MS Paint art

takoyamaaaS

To be fair, your using a mouse on the computer. It still boggles my mind that people can do that without having to massage their hand after every 10 minutes. I tried it once on my old PC and my mouse was catching on the mouse pad I was using, so the drawing would look semi okay but there was jagged lines everywhere.  (I Also lost my patience after about 20 minutes so I just scribbled all over it 😂)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bostonlobstah said:

Get a tablet, it really helps. :)

There are some as cheap as 30$ and some as expensive as 200$. the price, of course, depends on quality, but I had a trusty 100$ (which was the cheapest I could get) that lasted 3 years!!

• Like 1

Oh boy, when I had a computer I loved using the mouse in ms paint. Mostly because it scared people Mostly because I just enjoyed it... it helped with my hands a lot. Also I have a tablet, and my screen on my computer was touch, so I used those ways too!

Honestly just keep practicing. Draw just... something, anything at least once a day. I'd say mark your "One Drawing a Day" start, wait a year (yeah ik that's a long time) then come back to that same day a year later. YOU WILL SEE THE IMPROVEMENTS I SwEAR 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 4/17/2019 at 1:23 AM, heyitsgeorgie said:

this is the opposite of what people are saying but don't be in a rush to use another program than paint.

I absolutely agree. I, myself, was an MS Paint artist up until 2017-2018? so I believe amateur artists should start up there. My art route looked like this:

Paper>MS Paint>FireAlpaca (ableit, I was very shitty on there,)>Procreate

I believe good artists can start out on “slightly less advanced” art programs, but as Georgie said, do not immediately rush to art programs that are for artists that have been drawing for years. If you’ve only been drawing for ten minutes, don’t immediately say “WOW ADOBE PHOTOSHOP PRO!!!”

And, my own personal tip: doodling on paper is good for you if you want to improve your skill. You cannot believe how many math tests I have that have little dogs doodled on the side. It enables you to draw things quicker.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

I have been getting more into traditional art too

Traditional art is great for rough sketches. Sometimes I grab a pencil and an eraser, a sketchbook, and plop out in the living room just to do random things. Or pen, that’s also good too.

Ex;

image.thumb.jpg.d7f8de7ca7b625a55584f36bd05a2f5a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

wow someone agrees with me,,

also I remember doing my crappy cat drawings on firealpaca about a year ago and my dad walks in like "UsE pHoToShOp!!11!!1" because that's what he uses.. he's a professional graphic designer. I was an 11 year old who just wanted the cats to look like cats and for the eyes to be roughly symmetrical. he insisted, and went through all the trouble to get his licence on my computer and what do you know! I had no idea what I was doing and I hated every minute of it, no matter how much he tried to explain. my brother also hates me for using firealpaca, but he says "JuSt UsE sAi!! and I respond with "tell me one thing that you think only sai can do" and ill immediately do the thing he said (FAR easier because firealpaca is a blessing) and smugly look at him. I know trying other programs is important to see what you like, and I have tried sai, but its just.. firealpaca without a) antialiased lines (which I ALWAYS use), b) gradients (I think.. there might be somewhere) and c) all the dumb brushes you can use in the background to look cool, such as star, leaf, thorn, flower and the classic, firealpaca (its literally the logo repeated as a brush) and all of these have multiple versions and are easily customisable. also krita just doesn't work I hate it.

I have been getting more into traditional art too (especially since I got a free sketchbook and actual good art supplies on a school trip)

(wow I just rambled for no reason)

I've actually only ever used Paint Tool Sai, so Firealpaca is harder for me now...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

You cannot believe how many math tests I have that have little dogs doodled on the side

You can't either. Every single page of school has at least 2 small doodles of any of the following: dogs, cats, nichelings, horses, reindeer. ;~;

19 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

I use MSpaint (with mouse and laptop trackpad) and Gimp (with mouse)

Practise helps.

image.png.4a198ae173d175ec33c8378b457a2d6e.pngimage.png.e2a3966fe81f0ce16526a8a90143f0bd.png

DUEGUSN MAH RAVENBABY (I’m not sure if that is raven paw but that looks too much like him...

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

Just now, Aetherskye said:

DUEGUSN MAH RAVENBABY (I’m not sure if that is raven paw but that looks too much like him...

Heather Shadow (a friend's OC)

• Paw up 1

Just now, Lilytuft said:

Heather Shadow (a friend's OC)

(its ravenpaw now. I have a head cannon of the dots under the eyes as well as purple eyes.)

• Haha 2

On 4/18/2019 at 1:53 PM, Goggles-kun said:

I absolutely agree. I, myself, was an MS Paint artist up until 2017-2018? so I believe amateur artists should start up there. My art route looked like this:

Paper>MS Paint>FireAlpaca (ableit, I was very shitty on there,)>Procreate

I believe good artists can start out on “slightly less advanced” art programs, but as Georgie said, do not immediately rush to art programs that are for artists that have been drawing for years. If you’ve only been drawing for ten minutes, don’t immediately say “WOW ADOBE PHOTOSHOP PRO!!!”

And, my own personal tip: doodling on paper is good for you if you want to improve your skill. You cannot believe how many math tests I have that have little dogs doodled on the side. It enables you to draw things quicker.

Yeah, it helps the learning curve. If you like a dark theme you can go to Medibang Paint Pro instead of Firealpaca. 

Also look up tips all the time. Explore around with using different blending modes, blurs, brushes. And if you mess up: Ctrl + Z

• Like 1