Stray Fawn Community

Prehistoric Sloth Paws gene!

Badgercat17

So I noticed the lack of prehistoric paw genes, so I wanted to suggest my own, the Lazy Paws! They're based on giant prehistoric sloths and would give a -2 speed. But the good thing about these paws is, well you know how sloths have little claws on the end of their arms? The sloth/lazy paws would have +3 or +4 strength, since thats how sloths defend themselves! Anyway heres the icon:

665196847_lazypaw.png.6e59419356058761b038b753cbd8def8.png

Thanks for reading this!

11 replies to this post

I understand those who want to balance their genes by lowering stats but subtracting from speed has always seemed like an iffy one because you want your creatures to have at least 1 speed. Of course you could say it’s reduced until you get to 1 speed but I dunno there’s just something I don’t like about too much reduction to speed.

• Like 5

Guest SilverTheNicheling

So I’m not here on the forums all that much anymore.. :( and I don’t think I’ve been much help here, I was actually thinking that instead of this reducing speed.. it could rather be a prehistoric gene that involves attacking AND collecting, it’s like the combo of a claw and nimble fingers, I dunno.. it’s the best at what I could think of, I would like this gene, but maybe it wouldn’t involve reducing speed, since movement is VERY important to Niche in terms of all kinds of strategies..

Edit: Oh, and maybe this could be a very useful gene for climbing up trees Incase you don’t have the wings? I think it would require both sloth paw genes though, just sayin.

Edited by SilverTheNicheling
One more thing..

10 minutes ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

maybe it should have 2 strength and 1 digging for balance?

also if you just have normal hindlegs, big body and two sloth claws(because who doesn't wanna be an extremely powerful slashing machine), you can't move

return of Bob!

• Haha 2
  • Eek! 1

22 hours ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

I understand those who want to balance their genes by lowering stats but subtracting from speed has always seemed like an iffy one because you want your creatures to have at least 1 speed. Of course you could say it’s reduced until you get to 1 speed but I dunno there’s just something I don’t like about too much reduction to speed.

I agree, giving no speed is a penalty in and of itself, you could have runner leg in the snow biome/other biomes instead and be fast enough to actually reach everything, without a speed penalty two sloth claws would only let you have 4 movement max if you decide to go all speed and attack, I prefer to call this build sickle weasel, because they are suprisingly fast while retaining high strength, however this build has little hope of surviving in snow biomes and cannot gather unless you have beak