Stray Fawn Community

Aether's Homethread || I DID AN ART!!!

Aether

2 hours ago, alex602h said:

Mumbo or Grian?

Grian. It’s much easier to choose than cat or dog. But it’s mostly bias because I’ve been watching him for wayyyy longer.

According to my own research:

It also is related to memory loss around a point in time. (Disassociative Amnesia)

You can also have times where you feel as though your watching a movie of yourself where you can hear the thoughts, but they aren't yours. (Denationalization) or some times where people around you are unreal. (Derealization). (Denationalization disorder)

DID is developed to help with trauma. They experience gaps in memory of everyday activity, personal information, and trauma. 

Each 'identity' has their own name and characteristics.  They're almost like imaginary friends... But they're also you. 

This dissociative disorders can develop due to any kind of trauma: Physical, sexual, emotional. Even combat and disasters. It mostly develops in childhood.

Now since I really don't want to paraphrase or retype a whole paragraph:

image.png.ab59efa766d8d18f417d7bf14432283e.png

I may not have DID but I sure do have a lot of the symptoms. (No amount of research I do is going to make me qualified for self-diagnosis, unless I went and got a degree in psychology, which I don't. Even then, I'd be hesitant to do a self-diagnosis because it is better to have a outsider view.)

@wikipedia (angel) Care to add/correct/confirm anything?

26 minutes ago, Aetherskye said:

It also is related to memory loss around a point in time. (Disassociative Amnesia)

You can also have times where you feel as though your watching a movie of yourself where you can hear the thoughts, but they aren't yours. (Denationalization) or some times where people around you are unreal. (Derealization). (Denationalization disorder)

DID is developed to help with trauma. They experience gaps in memory of everyday activity, personal information, and trauma. 

Each 'identity' has their own name and characteristics.  They're almost like imaginary friends... But they're also you. 

This dissociative disorders can develop due to any kind of trauma: Physical, sexual, emotional. Even combat and disasters. It mostly develops in childhood.

I may not have DID but I sure do have a lot of the symptoms. (No amount of research I do is going to make me qualified for self-diagnosis, unless I went and got a degree in psychology, which I don't. Even then, I'd be hesitant to do a self-diagnosis because it is better to have a outsider view.)

Also to note:

Up to 75% of people experience at least one depersonalization/derealization episode in their lives, with only 2% meeting the full criteria for chronic episodes. Women are more likely than men to be diagnosed with a dissociative disorder. 

• Like 1

image.png.57167b939c4679e0cafc09860fbfdbc7.png< I got Silky and another Eff 4 so... (I feel you Scar... Only silk touch SUCKS.)

so

image.png.e193d0749e74694374b6886d813ec9b2.png< Just wait till I combine this dude to get Eff 5... I'll be getting diamonds all day long!... I just need more diamonds.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aetherskye said:

ooh, i got tagged! 

Denationisation doesn't exist. That's business, not psychology. 

There are multiple forms of dissociation; Derealisation (the environment doesnt exist), Depersonalisation (you dont exist), DID, OSDD..... there's lots more, so many that I can't go over them all. 

in DID, alters are not 'you'. You are one alter in a system (a group of alters), and you simply play a role in keeping the body alive; think of it like a crew of people keeping the plane in the air and working. 

• Paw up 1