Stray Fawn Community

Aether's Homethread || I DID AN ART!!!

Aether

11 minutes ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

Not sure about math, but physics can be pretty fun. No hate on the subject, there's just so much material that teachers don't have any free room to present it better. When they do sometimes and you have the right teacher, people here have liked it a lot more...

I had physics and biology 😃 did terrible at physics but pretty good in biology.

My problem with math was the teacher, she was nice but the way she explained things left me confused and when I had asked once for her to explain again the whole class stared at me (did not like that😓) so I just usually tried to figure things out on my own.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

Not sure about math, but physics can be pretty fun. No hate on the subject, there's just so much material that teachers don't have any free room to present it better. When they do sometimes and you have the right teacher, people here have liked it a lot more...

8 hours ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

So it's like Chemistry and you might loathe it unless you involve yourself in it outside of school. Just zero breathing space here unless you make some.

Since my teacher has literally a whole lab and 15 students I think that is no problem. Also we’re moving into physics.

on a totally unrelated note: Arceus Is pronounced R-K-S since that is Silvally’s ability. And the RKS system is also literally arceus’ ability but with a different name. Also Sillvally is a failed arceus clone.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

On 1/12/2020 at 6:48 PM, Evil Aether said:

Since my teacher has literally a whole lab and 15 students I think that is no problem. Also we’re moving into physics.

Depends. In my old school Chemistry was pretty lax (and useless if you want to study anything related. She didn't even try to prepare us for the Matura, our SAT thing.) No pen ever left the paper under a different teacher. Student count and lab size was never an issue, but the density of covered material can get uncomfortable. A lot of people skipped whole topics when studying. Sounds okay, but ends up really stupid on a scale of reward/effort, since tests rewarded so few points. Even when you had to write a lot. So no Cs in that class, more than half failed, 90% Ds or failed. It's a potential torture device if you can't get into it and your school is mean enough. 

We had history on that level in my old one for two years, but tests were so long and you could get points in the 45-60 range, so messing up once or twice or ten times didn't kill anyone. We also had some pages of questions given to answer beforehand that would be used in tests. We didn't do exercises in Chemistry and you had to guess at your competence. Unlike overly specific history, or at my old school, there at least weren't any "competence checks" between tests (god, everyone hates those). So that's good. And bad. But there's too much power in grading and density not to fret even when you know your stuff. Accidental slips happen and you really couldn't afford any.

Then there's having to sit down and actually study instead of slipping by no matter what, #1 cause of failure. I never spent more than a day on material before. That just would never, ever work here. But the one advantage of having had some harder Latin is that you know when you're screwed, that you'll always be screwed and barely good enough doesn't exist or translate into anything reliable...

13 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

yeah but later though, it's like 7am for me we can do ot after school 

mk. your 8 hours ahead of me so we might have to do it on a weekend. I have like a hour and 30 minutes until I leave school. (Extracurricular.) and I might be able to squeeze it in before homework.

1 hour ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

OHN GOD ITS LIKE 9PM FOR I ME I TOTALLY FORGOT

YEAH I GO TO BED IN LIKE AN HOUR SORRY

it's aight. Yeah, I get out at 9pm for y'all. 

However, if I were to stay up to 11, it will be 5:00 for you... Then we can possibly do it on thursday. (I have no school on Fri.) of course Idk if your parents would let you get on the switch at 5:00...

1 minute ago, Evil Aether said:

OMG OMG OMG I HAVE ENCOUNTERED A MAX RAID SHINY CHERRIM! IT'S A CHERRIM BUT I'M DARN HAPPY!

IT HAS BEEN CAUGHT! THIS IS OFFICIALLY MY FIRST SHINY CAUGHT EVER IN ANY OFFICIAL POKEMON GAME

• Like 1
  • Eek! 3

3 minutes ago, Evil Aether said:

IT HAS BEEN CAUGHT! THIS IS OFFICIALLY MY FIRST SHINY CAUGHT EVER IN ANY OFFICIAL POKEMON GAME

Time to see it's other form! (This is the one to have two forms right?!)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Evil Aether said:

12E50183-79F8-4B6C-874C-EDFB86F3CB51.thumb.jpeg.0a994dce360d9ea0d652b1d7fe9918d8.jpeg

:D (First, closed form.)

It definitely has very little competitive capability, unlike gyrados which can be an absolute beast in competitive. So I probably won't be battling with it. But then again, a pacharisu was once brought to a big pokemon competitive battle. (Like one that you can get money for.)

18 minutes ago, Evil Aether said:

Ok just going to say: It's hard to make me cry. Like tears, crying of sadness. IDK why but yeah, I just don't do it often.

Hey, I’m exactly the same way! 

16 minutes ago, Tundra said:

Hey, I’m exactly the same way! 

It's the same with laughing. Like I look like I am laughing. But I am not making any noise. I also can't breathe AT ALL not a single breath. I essentially am killing myself if I laugh for to long (I once thought I was actually going to suffocate.) 

Uh anyways:

Lafayette in My Shot: *can't pronounce anarchy*

Lafayette in Guns and Ships: 

LAFEYEETTE.png.4034b8d150e30a49d8e2d5e86969f0aa.png

• Paw up 1

So I just awkwardly explained Act II of Hamilton to my friend Without explaining act I Gosh darnit youtube commenter making a Say No To This joke on Helpless...