Stray Fawn Community

Woodland Biome/Island

kunchbox

The title says it all, folks! Owls, orange-coat ramfoxes, and brown-furred bunnils scatter the dense canopy of spikey leaves as a waterfall trickles down a hill. 

The woodland biome, as said above, would have slightly different variants of prey and predators already in the game. The ground tiles I imagine would be like the swamp ones- leafy foliage -although I imagine it to be more autumn coloured. (E.g, brown, oranges, instead of the mint-green in the swamp.) This would be a great time to introduce a new terrain generation option, unique to the Woodlands: Hills...! And I'm not talking about your regular do-diddy snowy mountains. I'm talking straight drop-offs on the cliff-face, then having a gentle slope on each side. 

This would also, in my mind, introduce a new tree type, resembling tall, towering pine-like trees. Lots of stumps and rocks- maybe even clovers from the snowlands -would be found here, as well as the fern grass type from the jungles. 

Perhaps we could brainstorm more ideas for this vibrant and mysterious place? Infact, here's something I'd like some help with: Coming up with a new animal! I imagine it would resemble a deer, crossed with some other animal in the classic Niche style. Leave your suggestions down below, because I'd love to hear what you think of this!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Eek! 1

5 replies to this post

How about  a chickadeer? Body, legs of a deer but with the head and tail of a chickadee.

Speed: 3

Sight: 2

Smell: 2

Hearing: 3

Digging: 1

Collecting: 3

Camouflage: 2

Would be nocturnal. Spawn in herds of 1-5 that generally stick together(0-2 tiles away) but will sometimes wander up to 6 tiles away. If they find food in that period, they will report it back to the herd and the herd will follow.

• Like 3

Awesome idea! If you wanted to add a harder factor the deer could be a pest?

An example would be if the deer destroyed grass or berry bushes, it could be a mix of a lotus/deer.

Of course i'm not too keen on my idea and i'd love to just have a deer that wouldn't annoy the ever living hell out of me, so tell me what you think?

;3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tayinky said:

An example would be if the deer destroyed grass or berry bushes, it could be a mix of a lotus/deer.

Of course i'm not too keen on my idea and i'd love to just have a deer that wouldn't annoy the ever living hell out of me, so tell me what you think?

;3

Good, at least make it would give motivation to the creatures hunt it down for food as a punishment for what it did to the grass and berry bushes that should belong to them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Tayinky said:

;3

And I have a creature idea for your biome, it’s the goateer (deer + wild mountain goat); what do you think?

and can you also help me with ideas for the creatures that can live in my biome ideas?

(Because i already got a idea for a hybrid gene one which is the deebbit (rabbit + deer) for the taiga and land squirroo (kangaroo + squirrel and i’m saying ”land” because there’s a similar idea to mine but the difference that mine is a hybrid gene generating creature and is taller like same height as a average adult kangaroo and don’t have features of a flying squirrel) to the Mesa one; but i need more ideas for the ones that don’t generate hybrids like preys and predators entities)

also care if I also suggest a predator creature for your biome too? Like this one of one of my hybrid gene ideas? Take a look: 

• Like 1