Stray Fawn Community

Writers, er... Niche Block?

Hi denizens of the forums,

I'm having a bit of a Niche block. I really have no idea what challenge or experiments I should do in Niche since I already beat everything, so I'm looking for suggestions.

What are some strategies you employ when you have a Niche block, or writer's block? What do you do to make Niche more enjoyable for yourself?

-Robb

• Like 2

Try surviving in Burning Savannah!

Or whale island... that place is scary.

Or, take a trip to the peaceful meadow and just have a nice time. (I usually do that)

Switch versions, try that dragonfly challenge Lilytuft has!

• Like 2

Usually I try some really hard challenges or some really fun roleplay challenges that spark my creative interest. If nothing helps at all I take a break from playing Niche until I feel like playing it again (currently doing that now though that is partly because I just don't have that much time)

• Like 3

Oh! On one of my saves (actually two), I did this thing where I gave my creatures human names. They were given a first name and a surname, and it was fun determining names for wanderers. When a child was born, the naming order would go like this: [First name] [Mother’s surname] [Father’s surname], assuming either name wouldn’t break the capacity of characters in a Niche name. It was fun and you should try it sometime.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions! 😄

On 5/5/2019 at 3:54 AM, randomspacecat said:

I lay off or try some challenge that could be blatant suicide

On 5/5/2019 at 9:32 AM, Gandalf said:

Usually I try some really hard challenges or some really fun roleplay challenges that spark my creative interest. If nothing helps at all I take a break from playing Niche until I feel like playing it again (currently doing that now though that is partly because I just don't have that much time)

I like these suggestions, perhaps I can try something really challenging.

On 5/5/2019 at 4:43 AM, heyitsgeorgie said:

try the swamp biome

(it works for me every time, that biome is so underrated and every time I do a playthrough there, it makes niche so much more fun)

On 5/5/2019 at 4:50 AM, Renio? said:

Try surviving in Burning Savannah!

Or whale island... that place is scary.

Or, take a trip to the peaceful meadow and just have a nice time. (I usually do that)

Switch versions, try that dragonfly challenge Lilytuft has!

I could try these biomes too!

On 5/5/2019 at 9:47 AM, Goggles-kun said:

Oh! On one of my saves (actually two), I did this thing where I gave my creatures human names. They were given a first name and a surname, and it was fun determining names for wanderers. When a child was born, the naming order would go like this: [First name] [Mother’s surname] [Father’s surname], assuming either name wouldn’t break the capacity of characters in a Niche name. It was fun and you should try it sometime.

Incidentally I have done this, although I merge the names.

If the father is Claw Meowtz and the mother is Fangie Wolff, I would name the child Quick Meowtz-Wolff, for example.

The maternal surname as the middle name sounds like the Portuguese/Spanish naming system!

• Like 4

All my slots are full, have massive tribes on easy-ish islands, and are just successful. The Witch Tribe (Led by Bostonlobstii) made it to Home Island. I am busy with homework and interested in other stuff. I want to go to a snow island but it's so boring because I exit the game before it ever snows. So it never snows. 

I watched Jessi's playthrough and now I want to go to oasis, though. 

• Like 1

I haven't played Niche for several days because I've suddenly become obsessed with Sims 4.

I mean, what's bad about going your sister's birthday party only for her cat to die? (Happy Birthday! xD)

And later trapping the mailman in a glass pen and giving him the new last name of Pettington? (I don't think we're getting bills anymore, which is great xD)

And then trapping your nanny so they can never leave? (but dear Roger Riggins is the best nanny and I do not regret keeping him from his wife and two kids)

...so now I'm gonna try one or two of these challenges

• Like 1
  • Haha 2