Stray Fawn Community

The Reality Challenge

Katumai

Alright, so I made this challenge up at school. I based it off of how real animals usually act.

There is technically more than one way to do this challenge, you can do it any way you want as long as it's in the rules.

SO,

Rules

1. Females only choose the strongest/prettiest males: Most female animals choose the strongest male for the best genetics for their offspring, and sometimes for protection of predators attack them or their children. Animals like peacocks choose the flashiest males most of the time, which I don't really know the purpose of. You could choose which genes are attractive but things like Peacock Tail will automatically make a creature attractive, and something like Derp Snout will severely lower a male's chances.

2. Any sick babies get killed: Animals in real life usually abandon and sometimes eat their sick children because they wont survive, and leaves her other, healthy offspring vulnerable to becoming ill, so she gets rid of it. Basically, if you get a sick child, kill them somehow.

3. No creature mates for life: You could have them pair up for 10 days or something, representing a breeding season like some birds do. Even then, no animal is truly monogamous, and birds will literally cheat on eachother. It's actually kind of funny.

4. A female's last offspring must have aged up to a teen(or an adult for extra challenge) for her to have another one. Unless it dies.

5. Males can compete with eachother: The winner gets to mate with the female, you can just roll a random generator for this.

6. If you want, any females that live in groups can try to eliminate the other children. Meerkats will do this, because they live in such big groups, less children means more attention for theirs.

That's all the rules I could come up with for now, but i'll probably update it later tho.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Katumai said:

and birds will literally cheat on eachother. It's actually kind of funny.

I once saw a video that everynightxRIOT was reacting to, it was a penguin cheating on its mate. It was funny and heartbreaking at the same time. I'll show you the video:

(I couldn't find Riot's video, but I found the original)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Giant coeclanth said:

I once saw a video that everynightxRIOT was reacting to, it was a penguin cheating on its mate. It was funny and heartbreaking at the same time. I'll show you the video:

(I couldn't find Riot's video, but I found the original)

I feel bad for laughing

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:54 AM, MiaKat said:

I didn't know that cute penguins can be so brutal.😅 (I laughed too until I noticed how badly they got hurt)

But still going to try this challenge.

Cool, tell me how it goes

@Clover I tried the reality challenge today. It is a fun challenge but I wasn't so sure on what island to start so I started on Archipelago(Hope, that's ok?). Oh. and I hid all the genes (Luckily, no one has gotten sick yet. Forgot that it hides the immunity genes) I'm on day 50 now and everyone has their own nichelings prides.  

3 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

something that showed up when I finished watching that other penguin video

I saw that, it was funny but terrifying

• Like 1

I made a generator for random events. I also included kidnapping (like in that penguin video) and courting (basically, the male will take those days to show the female that he's the right mate for her. The female may reject him),

https://perchance.org/ovxn600y7k

also I started a tribe for this (I'm not going to post a playthrough, though) and my starter female was randomly named 'Ahmin'. huh

oh yeah and a wanderer male showed up and killed the female's mate in a fight

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skysplash8 said:

I made a generator for random events. I also included kidnapping (like in that penguin video) and courting (basically, the male will take those days to show the female that he's the right mate for her. The female may reject him),

https://perchance.org/ovxn600y7k

also I started a tribe for this (I'm not going to post a playthrough, though) and my starter female was randomly named 'Ahmin'. huh

oh yeah and a wanderer male showed up and killed the female's mate in a fight

Cool, I might have to use your generator when I do the challenge

• Paw up 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/7/2019 at 1:24 AM, Katumai said:

Animals like peacocks choose the flashiest males most of the time, which I don't really know the purpose of.

It's because having something that flashy makes them vunerable to predators, it's easy to see, easy to grab them by ect, and if they can survive with flashy structures it means they're proabably pretty strong.

On 5/6/2019 at 7:24 PM, Katumai said:

Alright, so I made this challenge up at school. I based it off of how real animals usually act.

There is technically more than one way to do this challenge, you can do it any way you want as long as it's in the rules.

SO,

Rules

1. Females only choose the strongest/prettiest males: Most female animals choose the strongest male for the best genetics for their offspring, and sometimes for protection of predators attack them or their children. Animals like peacocks choose the flashiest males most of the time, which I don't really know the purpose of. You could choose which genes are attractive but things like Peacock Tail will automatically make a creature attractive, and something like Derp Snout will severely lower a male's chances.

2. Any sick babies get killed: Animals in real life usually abandon and sometimes eat their sick children because they wont survive, and leaves her other, healthy offspring vulnerable to becoming ill, so she gets rid of it. Basically, if you get a sick child, kill them somehow.

3. No creature mates for life: You could have them pair up for 10 days or something, representing a breeding season like some birds do. Even then, no animal is truly monogamous, and birds will literally cheat on eachother. It's actually kind of funny.

4. A female's last offspring must have aged up to a teen(or an adult for extra challenge) for her to have another one. Unless it dies.

5. Males can compete with eachother: The winner gets to mate with the female, you can just roll a random generator for this.

6. If you want, any females that live in groups can try to eliminate the other children. Meerkats will do this, because they live in such big groups, less children means more attention for theirs.

That's all the rules I could come up with for now, but i'll probably update it later tho.

(This is so brutal lol)