Stray Fawn Community

School (that one thing nobody wants)

Renio2490

So we need this topic.

Let me explain my school, it's a public school, 7-8ish hours long, and we have the worst (vice) principal.
And this one kid annoys me so much I wish I could just nun-chuck him.

• Like 3

My school is okay... nothing special though our grade has a bad reputation so everyone kinda gets slapped with the label of annoying child who needs to have silent lunches constantly...

• Like 1

Just now, Renio? said:

I see.

Are your math teachers idiots, pressuring, and even more stupid?

My math teacher go die mr.peterson  gives me bad anxiety, panic attacks, and i'm scared to death of him :')

I've always had trouble with math, and I'm not great at staying focused or remembering things

so my teacher gets mad at me for not doing my work, but I don't know the answer, AND HE NEVER BOTHERS TO HELP ME-

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, FlowerMask's Goddess form said:

My school is okay... nothing special though our grade has a bad reputation so everyone kinda gets slapped with the label of annoying child who needs to have silent lunches constantly...

nice

hah

1 minute ago, Katumai said:

My math teacher go die mr.peterson  gives me bad anxiety, panic attacks, and i'm scared to death of him :')

I've always had trouble with math, and I'm not great at staying focused or remembering things

so my teacher gets mad at me for not doing my work, but I don't know the answer, AND HE NEVER BOTHERS TO HELP ME-

*nod* yes I see. Welp

My new school is great and I love it. I've been lucky to only have had good math/physics teachers. As it's an evening school, I'm safer from Insomnia.... The only bad subject so far has been history. We practically do nothing in class, don't even get homework. Just a mingle of details so insane on the course page, that you can't ever know what you're meant to do. It doesn't help that she grades tests like language classes. E.g. a C means having met all requirements, a B far beyond that and an A absolutely singular work. She's also always late. Sorry for the rant, but that has been gnawing on me for months

• Like 2

my school is awesome. I mean, I've been homeschooled up to 5th grade (then 6th and 7th (now) I've been at my current school), but... compared to what I've heard about other schools, it's pretty awesome. Also, it's a Private Christian school, maybe (prob less) 100 students.The only things I don't like are:

• Homework is kinda hard
  • Latin
  • Essays :( (though the ninth/tenths get them a lot more than us so i should be grateful)
  • the end

Best things:

• half days
  • Tuesday to Friday
  • I know everyone
  • everyone knows me
  • everyone is nice, no bullies
  • math is kinda easy
  • I never even study for the Bible and Composition class. You're supposed to read the part of the Bible he assigns, then next day is a quiz, but it's usually open bible so i never read it beforehand and get almost straight 100s lol
  • today we got to lesson 100 in our math book and one girl brought snickerdoodle cookies
  • oh yeah my math class is 4 people including myself-- 3 girls, one boy (other three are sixth, I'm seventh; technically, I'm not a year behind because we do math a class ahead of kids in other schools)
  • if all 4 of us get A's at the end of school, our math teacher said she'd put plaques of us on her wall (I think she said we would be her first class who all turned out with A's? can't remember)
  • Last year everyone was like "MRS. G(insert the rest)'S MATH CLASS IS SOOOO HARD" and made it sound like torture. It turned out to be almost as good as last year's math class (RIP. Math Carrot....but that's a story for another time.)
  • like all our teachers are related to another teacher in the school (principal/my teacher's daughter is a teacher, my music teacher is the mother of my math teacher last year, who went to this school when he was a kid and got married some months ago to someone who graduated from the school, etc etc)
  • We did Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella as our play this year because 1. the main character is a girl and we only have one senior and she's a girl 2. not many male main parts, and we only have 4 boys in Theater
  • the play went awesomely well and nobody forgot lines and there was even a part where they improvised because Cinderella was getting dressed still
  • pop-up is our favorite game heh (in the beginning "NO TRUCES!" and by the end everyone is truced with someone.)
  • sometimes the high schoolers (especially this one girl) will wear blankets around like capes and everyone's okay with it 
  • my teacher for two of my classes (he's also the principal) looks really scary. but in reality, he jokes a lot and plays old songs to us. Outside the windo is a driveway and there's some cement that's sort of cracked up and stuff and we have a joke about it (originating from the teacher) that there's a volcano under the school/church. Today we talked about it and he said that maybe we should paint it to look like speed bumps. Or paint snowcaps on it and say that they're mountains
  • everyone is really nice and everyone likes eachother (as far as I know) except we all don't really like this one girl (who is in my math class). She isn't that abd, but there are some things about her that just aren't really likeable...
  • so much more I could go on and on lol
  • Like 3
  • Eek! 1

5 minutes ago, Rogue Male said:

my school is awesome. I mean, I've been homeschooled up to 5th grade (then 6th and 7th (now) I've been at my current school), but... compared to what I've heard about other schools, it's pretty awesome. Also, it's a Private Christian school, maybe (prob less) 100 students.The only things I don't like are:

• Homework is kinda hard
  • Latin
  • Essays :( (though the ninth/tenths get them a lot more than us so i should be grateful)
  • the end

Best things:

• half days
  • Tuesday to Friday
  • I know everyone
  • everyone knows me
  • everyone is nice, no bullies
  • math is kinda easy
  • I never even study for the Bible and Composition class. You're supposed to read the part of the Bible he assigns, then next day is a quiz, but it's usually open bible so i never read it beforehand and get almost straight 100s lol
  • today we got to lesson 100 in our math book and one girl brought snickerdoodle cookies
  • oh yeah my math class is 4 people including myself-- 3 girls, one boy (other three are sixth, I'm seventh; technically, I'm not a year behind because we do math a class ahead of kids in other schools)
  • if all 4 of us get A's at the end of school, our math teacher said she'd put plaques of us on her wall (I think she said we would be her first class who all turned out with A's? can't remember)
  • Last year everyone was like "MRS. G(insert the rest)'S MATH CLASS IS SOOOO HARD" and made it sound like torture. It turned out to be almost as good as last year's math class (RIP. Math Carrot....but that's a story for another time.)
  • like all our teachers are related to another teacher in the school (principal/my teacher's daughter is a teacher, my music teacher is the mother of my math teacher last year, who went to this school when he was a kid and got married some months ago to someone who graduated from the school, etc etc)
  • We did Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella as our play this year because 1. the main character is a girl and we only have one senior and she's a girl 2. not many male main parts, and we only have 4 boys in Theater
  • the play went awesomely well and nobody forgot lines and there was even a part where they improvised because Cinderella was getting dressed still
  • pop-up is our favorite game heh (in the beginning "NO TRUCES!" and by the end everyone is truced with someone.)
  • sometimes the high schoolers (especially this one girl) will wear blankets around like capes and everyone's okay with it 
  • my teacher for two of my classes (he's also the principal) looks really scary. but in reality, he jokes a lot and plays old songs to us. Outside the windo is a driveway and there's some cement that's sort of cracked up and stuff and we have a joke about it (originating from the teacher) that there's a volcano under the school/church. Today we talked about it and he said that maybe we should paint it to look like speed bumps. Or paint snowcaps on it and say that they're mountains
  • everyone is really nice and everyone likes eachother (as far as I know) except we all don't really like this one girl (who is in my math class). She isn't that abd, but there are some things about her that just aren't really likeable...
  • so much more I could go on and on lol

Geez, if your school wasn't a Christian school I would DEFINETLY want to go there

my school is a living hell

I’ve been going to the same school for my entire life (High School’s gonna be a bitch (excuse my language!)), so I’d say my academic course has been fairly neutral. I attend a charter school (no, it’s not some fancy school) and I’m somehow successful. Compared to most other people that have replied, I’m still pretty young at my 8th grade year, but I’ll mention some things about my school.

Pros:

• A lot of the teachers are pretty chill (THE 7TH GRADE SCIENCE/SOCIAL STUDIES/HEALTH TEACHER IS WONDERFULLL I LOVE YOU PALM)
  • Most of what we have to do is pretty easy for National standards
  • We get out early on Wednesdays (2:10 compared to 3 o’clock on normal days)
  • The 8th grade homeroom is very homely and comfortable
  • Most of my classmates treat me fairly
  • The 7th and 8th graders get to go on a trip to Washington D.C. every other year (that is, if they can afford it... and that’s why I’ll be gone May 14-19th)
  • I can get away pretty easily with doodling in class
  • Silently flexes grades
  • You’re allowed to eat snacks in class if the teacher will let you
  •  

Cons:

• The school is K-8, and the thing I hate the most is hearing a little 1st grader scream and cry in the multipurpose room. It sets off my misophonia very fast.
  • You have to bring your own lunch (our school is very cheap and can’t afford to serve lunches), but on the flip side you can bring anything you want so 
  • We have a strict uniform code
  • MY CLASSMATES WON’T SHUT UP WHEN THE TEACHER LEAVES THE ROOM >:( Since I’m one of the few that does their work when the teacher leaves, now I see why my grades are fantastic...
  • The school is very minuscule and there are less than 200 kids that attend
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

MY CLASSMATES WON’T SHUT UP WHEN THE TEACHER LEAVES THE ROOM >:( Since I’m one of the few that does their work when the teacher leaves, now I see why my grades are fantastic...

Oh my god same! I'm thinking, You know she can still hear you guys!" Since our teacher is mean. She gives us extra homework and other things because of 2 kids in our class are talking! Also, there are two kids who need a security guard in our class to make sure those two kids don't go crazy. They don't have a sickness, they're just crazy and they give me headaches.

3 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

I’ve been going to the same school for my entire life (High School’s gonna be a bitch (excuse my language!)), so I’d say my academic course has been fairly neutral. I attend a charter school (no, it’s not some fancy school) and I’m somehow successful. Compared to most other people that have replied, I’m still pretty young at my 8th grade year, but I’ll mention some things about my school.

Pros:

• A lot of the teachers are pretty chill (THE 7TH GRADE SCIENCE/SOCIAL STUDIES/HEALTH TEACHER IS WONDERFULLL I LOVE YOU PALM)
  • Most of what we have to do is pretty easy for National standards
  • We get out early on Wednesdays (2:10 compared to 3 o’clock on normal days)
  • The 8th grade homeroom is very homely and comfortable
  • Most of my classmates treat me fairly
  • The 7th and 8th graders get to go on a trip to Washington D.C. every other year (that is, if they can afford it... and that’s why I’ll be gone May 14-19th)
  • I can get away pretty easily with doodling in class
  • Silently flexes grades
  • You’re allowed to eat snacks in class if the teacher will let you
  •  

Cons:

• The school is K-8, and the thing I hate the most is hearing a little 1st grader scream and cry in the multipurpose room. It sets off my misophonia very fast.
  • You have to bring your own lunch (our school is very cheap and can’t afford to serve lunches), but on the flip side you can bring anything you want so 
  • We have a strict uniform code
  • MY CLASSMATES WON’T SHUT UP WHEN THE TEACHER LEAVES THE ROOM >:( Since I’m one of the few that does their work when the teacher leaves, now I see why my grades are fantastic...
  • The school is very minuscule and there are less than 200 kids that attend

Oh trust me, high school IS a bitch

have fun dealing with it, I'll be right here with ya

ALSO, my old middle school did the Washington DC thing too, but parents had to pay 2,400 DOLLARS TO LET THEIR KIDS GO, AND SOMEHOW, EVEN THOUGH I LIVED IN AN APARTMENT (I STILL DO) MY DAD PAYED FOR IT

3 minutes ago, Brokenshock said:

Oh my god same! I'm thinking, You know she can still hear you guys!" Since our teacher is mean. She gives us extra homework and other things because of 2 kids in our class are talking! Also, there are two kids who need a security guard in our class to make sure those two kids don't go crazy. They don't have a sickness, they're just crazy and they give me headaches.

In my 6th grade year I sat next to these two kids who could not stop arguing with each other. I hated it and I couldn’t stand it. One time when they had a little hissy-fit, I just put my head down and slowly cried. Before my grandfather passed (very traumatic event, I tell you,) he and my grandmother often argued a lot and it set me off quickly.

Just now, Goggles-kun said:

In my 6th grade year I sat next to these two kids who could not stop arguing with each other. I hated it and I couldn’t stand it. One time when they had a little hissy-fit, I just put my head down and slowly cried. Arguing triggers me too.

I have a trigger over pretty much ANY kind of mean tone or people yelling etc, I guess I could call it a result of trauma? But it feels stupid calling it that because other people have it worse than me and aren't sensitive to it...

anyway, I feel ya on that

Just now, Katumai said:

I have a trigger over pretty much ANY kind of mean tone or people yelling etc, I guess I could call it a result of trauma? But it feels stupid calling it that 

No, don’t call it stupid. If you think it’s traumatizing then it’s valid.

2 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

In my 6th grade year I sat next to these two kids who could not stop arguing with each other. I hated it and I couldn’t stand it. One time when they had a little hissy-fit, I just put my head down and slowly cried. Before my grandfather passed (very traumatic event, I tell you,) he and my grandmother often argued a lot and it set me off quickly.

Ya, there's one kid who I used to sit next to and she bullied me. She never beat me up but she did try to trip me and called me names. I couldn't stand her. She also said inappropriate things. Like how she wanted to.... Do something with one of the kids in my class. So now she's not allowed to sit next to me.

Just now, Goggles-kun said:

No, don’t call it stupid. If you think it’s traumatizing then it’s valid.

I could go into a whole rant about how I've been through shit but other people have had it worse, but I wont because I don't wanna waste your time :')

1 minute ago, Brokenshock said:

Ya, there's one kid who I used to sit next to and she bullied me. She never beat me up but she did try to trip me and called me names. I couldn't stand her. She also said inappropriate things. Like how she wanted to.... Do something with one of the kids in my class. So now she's not allowed to sit next to me.

You're lucky shes never physically abused you, it's not fun in the slightest 

go fucking DIE Rachel-

• Like 1

ill rant about actual school when i have more time, but for now id just like to say im pretty lucky, i was just born smart and am the smartest in my year, and since i am terrified of being shouted at i do exactly what the teacher says, so ive ended up as the best student. turns out thats enough to get me loads of friends and like one or two people that dont like me, but i "dont like" loads of people so i dont care. everyone has somebody they hate for no reason, and sometimes that person is gonna be me

i mean i also like to think i have loads of friends because im nice but- 

2 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

May 14-19th)

hey, thats around the time im going to naples! although im only going for two days in the weekend but get to have days off friday and monday to pack and fly over. still dont get why we didnt just go in the holidays that are in like three weeks

Oof. You'll regret having taken any easy classes in high school. Mine weren't, but I knew quite a few classmates with regrets. High school isn't so bad either, but you'll need to build a solid basis in some subjects early. It sucks if you get a bad or overly strict teacher in Chemistry, History and the like, though. I think I had the only A in my very large chemistry class and history is a mess right now. No idea how that's going to end. 

* laughs in not at school anymore * ... nice thing about University: professors are mostly chill and don't care very much about what you do as long as you don't disturb them. Not so nice thing: you learn much more stuff in less time and that can be hard (not that I'd learn anything much except two weeks before the exams XD )

19 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

* laughs in not at school anymore * ... nice thing about University: professors are mostly chill and don't care very much about what you do as long as you don't disturb them. Not so nice thing: you learn much more stuff in less time and that can be hard (not that I'd learn anything much except two weeks before the exams XD )

What are you studying, oh wise and reponsible elder Gandalf?