Stray Fawn Community

School (that one thing nobody wants)

Renio2490

23 minutes ago, randomspacecat said:

What are you studying, oh wise and reponsible elder Gandalf? 

The art of transformation which is currently going very well if the deformation on my lips are any point of indication. Orcs seem very charmed by it especially when I make the whistling noise. 

• Like 1

What did you do without me?

hopefully I don’t have to walk to the bus today. I think it’s going to rain. If it rains I probably won’t go outside and just... do nothing

I’ll draw in the corner again.

yea

9 hours ago, Brokenshock said:

What's that?

It's a sort of form of tag. Everyone's it. Everyone tries to tag everyone. If you're tagged, you sit down and watch the person who tagged you. If they get sat down, you can get up and try and tag people again. If two people tag eachother at the same time, it's rock paper scissors. And you're not allowed to wait around to tag the winner of a rock paper scissors (it's called puppy-guarding). I'm not very good at pop-up because I lose the rock paper scissors a lot. And I try and tag everyone. So I'm sitting down for most of the game xD

11 hours ago, Rogue Male said:

Latin

how could you not enjoy latin??

like yeah, nobody uses it in the present, but one of my favourite things is looking at a word and pondering where it came from. I learn french at school, and because im going to italy in two weeks and dont speak a word of italian I sold my soul to signed up for duolingo to learn a bit and its going well so far! it is so cool seeing so many similar words and I would love to learn latin so I can know where every word came from and understand other languages easily!

my newest word discovery:

the word "prevent" (as in, I prevent my cat from coming in by locking the catflap) is like that because you can break it down into "pre" and "event". "pre" obviously means "before" and we all know what "event" means. if you prevent something from happening, you prevent it before the event you are trying to prevent happens. you do it BEFORE the EVENT.

2 hours ago, Bostonlobstah said:

My school is okay. Teachers aren't abusive. Most are actually nice.

I'm in it right now :,)

I’m in school only one hour left too!

2 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

like yeah, nobody uses it in the present, but one of my favourite things is looking at a word and pondering where it came from. I learn french at school, and because im going to italy in two weeks and dont speak a word of italian I sold my soul to signed up for duolingo to learn a bit and its going well so far! it is so cool seeing so many similar words and I would love to learn latin so I can know where every word came from and understand other languages easily!

my newest word discovery:

the word "prevent" (as in, I prevent my cat from coming in by locking the catflap) is like that because you can break it down into "pre" and "event". "pre" obviously means "before" and we all know what "event" means. if you prevent something from happening, you prevent it before the event you are trying to prevent happens. you do it BEFORE the EVENT.

Latin can be good or bad depending on the teacher. We went from school books to the hardest real texts headfirst, with no Caesar or others ever mentioned. On the upside, after the torture, I never needed to study for Latin again at my new school and got an automatic A. Yay (Hearing old white men rant about the decadence of youth and how women are causing society to collapse does get boring, though. Not to mention, some military stuff seems questionable). What I did learn from all of that, is that Hipster-dom was already rampant back then. I'm talking literal sheeple comparisons here... over and over again. Might aswell re-title the subject to:

A) how we kicked someone's *ss (or how we shouldn't assert our superiority, because some forms of asserting superiority are superior to others)

B) how everyone except me is bad (especially the Y!)

C) Everything was better x years ago! 

D) Catilina! Old gods! Sin! Arrrgghh

Before that stuff, the myths were pretty entertaining, though. But what we covered in "real" Latin was worse than the language. But then again, I'm not a history buff. 

14 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

less than 200 kids that attend

15 hours ago, Rogue Male said:

(prob less) 100 students.

m'dudes. These schools are smaller than the number of pupils in my year. My school has well over 1000 students. And trust. Me. Queueing for lunch is not fun. Nor is sharing a bathroom with 2 year groups, three small stalls, and approximately 500 students. Literally there is no privacy, you have to go well out of school grounds if you want your lunch in peace.

Also- would someone care to explain the American / Canadian schooling system? Grades? Middle school? Kindergarten?  Freshman? Juniors? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Fire Beans said:

m'dudes. These schools are smaller than the number of pupils in my year. My school has well over 1000 students. And trust. Me. Queueing for lunch is not fun. Nor is sharing a bathroom with 2 year groups, three small stalls, and approximately 500 students. Literally there is no privacy, you have to go well out of school grounds if you want your lunch in peace.

Also- would someone care to explain the American / Canadian schooling system? Grades? Middle school? Kindergarten?  Freshman? Juniors? 

I'm all for explaining Canadian school stuff.

Grades? well that's weird. We don't get As or Bs or Ds or- you get it. Instead, we have numbers. 1 means "go die in a ditch you've learned 0 things". Not really, but I'm sure that's how it feels if someone gets 1. Then there's 2, which means "you did not okay". And 3 means "YOUR GOOD AT THIS!" And 4, "AMAZING!!". now let's try 4+, "HOLY HECKERS YOU DID THE BEST OF THE BEST!!". And well we get graded on how we did on tests and stuff. We also have this part on our report card which is like weird. I don't want to explain that part.

Kindergarten?...I HATE CHILDREN

middle school? 

My school has around 650 people in it (counting EAs). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Renio? said:

I'm all for explaining Canadian school stuff.

Grades? well that's weird. We don't get As or Bs or Ds or- you get it. Instead, we have numbers. 1 means "go die in a ditch you've learned 0 things". Not really, but I'm sure that's how it feels if someone gets 1. Then there's 2, which means "you did not okay". And 3 means "YOUR GOOD AT THIS!" And 4, "AMAZING!!". now let's try 4+, "HOLY HECKERS YOU DID THE BEST OF THE BEST!!". And well we get graded on how we did on tests and stuff. We also have this part on our report card which is like weird. I don't want to explain that part.

Kindergarten?...I HATE CHILDREN

middle school? 

My school has around 650 people in it (counting EAs). 

For less important tests we get percents, for more important ( ex. exams, year test, stuff for reports, etc ) we do get As, Bs, Cs. 

What age are you when, for example, you're in 5th grade? 

EAs? 

10 minutes ago, Fire Beans said:

For less important tests we get percents, for more important ( ex. exams, year test, stuff for reports, etc ) we do get As, Bs, Cs. 

What age are you when, for example, you're in 5th grade? 

EAs? 

Ps, when I say 'we' I'm referring to everyone in the Scottish schooling system. Different from other parts of the UK. Slightly.

Kindergarten, 5. Grade 1, 6. Grade 2, 7. Grade 3, 8. Grade 4, 9. Grade 5, 10. Grade 6, 11. Grade 7, 12. Grade 8, 13.

8 minutes ago, Renio? said:

Kindergarten, 5. Grade 1, 6. Grade 2, 7. Grade 3, 8. Grade 4, 9. Grade 5, 10. Grade 6, 11. Grade 7, 12. Grade 8, 13.

huh, it's quite different here, thanks for telling me though, I've been hella confused.

7 minutes ago, Renio? said:

Yes. EAs. It stands for Educational Assistant.

Nice. Idk if that's the right thing to say, but oh well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

Learning the words and all of that is kinda fun, but I hate translating and analyzing sentences. It'll be like 10 words, you have to say everything about it (if it's a verb: person, singular or plural, tense, mood, voice. Sometimes it gets really hard), and translate it all. I'm not good at it. :( 

Just now, Rogue Male said:

Learning the words and all of that is kinda fun, but I hate translating and analyzing sentences. It'll be like 10 words, you have to say everything about it (if it's a verb: person, singular or plural, tense, mood, voice. Sometimes it gets really hard), and translate it all. I'm not good at it. :( 

I HAVE SOMETHING FOR YOU

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 9:47 PM, Skysplash8 said:

Are Latin tenses even compatible with English?