Stray Fawn Community

Taiga biome

giugirl

I had been thinking About a new biome with cold climate; which is the taiga one, so has cold climate, the tiles with has parts with vegetation where grass grows, while others are tundra like and others that are covered in ice or snow and has forests of cold climate trees and the berry bushes, and new tree and plants species that only generate on this biome like a new species of berry bushes like “freezing berry bushes” (they will make your creatures freeze when picked up if them don't have at least one or more cold resistance genes); and some of the regular game creature entities (ex: bearyenas, blue birds, ramfoxes, rabbils, etc) as well new creatures that can live in this biome (including few that can be generate hybrids); and has few ice blocks but also has wanderers (and of course rouge males sometimes) so new regular, hybrid and ancient genes for the nichelings!

and the islands with the taiga biome would be like:

-snowflake taiga (medium island)

-azure hills (medium island)

-moonlight lagoon (hard island)

-icy forest (hard island)

-deep frozen peak (killer island)

any ideas, corrections or even drawn pictures based on this suggestion?

BD5CA867-8F13-4B07-B012-4EDCA54FE33C.jpeg

F41A8AF3-6B53-4FF6-9D51-DB40411A8B62.jpeg

5D480A65-8709-43C3-95A0-460F525E0B44.jpeg

6DA2C34F-773B-45AC-BC88-65C34C6D00F4.jpeg

• Like 1

12 replies to this post

i like the idea.... maybe in addition if you dont pick up meat and skip to the next day, it freezes too? idk what would happen to it afterwards, maybe it would disappear, or you would have to have a heat body creature melt it

• Like 2

I thought of a better thing! ;o

Maybe creatures with Heat Body have to warm the berries up, then a regular creature has to pick it but the heat bodied creature has to stay within 3 tiles of it to keep it warmed up.

For the Freezing Berry Bushes. ;-;

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Giant coeclanth said:

But what would it do? Possibly a good suggestion is, only creatures with ice genes could collect it? 

They have a chance of 50% of making the creature that doesn’t have one or more cold resistance genes become frozen

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FlowerMask said:

I think this is a pretty good suggestion I would like clarification on what the freezing berry bushes do tho.

They freeze creatures that don’t have at least one or more cold resistance genes

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Giant coeclanth said:

I thought of a better thing! ;o

Maybe creatures with Heat Body have to warm the berries up, then a regular creature has to pick it but the heat bodied creature has to stay within 3 tiles of it to keep it warmed up.

For the Freezing Berry Bushes. ;-;

Good idea

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 5:36 PM, pebbleheart said:

i like the idea.... maybe in addition if you dont pick up meat and skip to the next day, it freezes too? idk what would happen to it afterwards, maybe it would disappear, or you would have to have a heat body creature melt it

Good; so this would be like only happen in the hailstorm event with a 50% of chance that the uncollected meat will freeze unless the creature has the heat body gene

• Like 1

I got some ideas for how 2 of my ideas for the taiga biome islands would be, however i need help to describe their fauna and flora and the same goes with my other islands with this biome; so the “snowflake taiga” has this name because the island it’s self has the shape that reassembles a snowflake while the “moonlight lagoon” has this name because the lagoon has the shape of a crescent moon.

Anyone can help me describe not only the islands as well give me ideas for the genes from this biome which are the normal/regular, hybrid and ancient genes. And the only regular gene that i could think is my version of the wooly body gene.

check it out for information:

I got some ideas for which genes will be available on this biome:

NORMAL GENES:

- woolly body (my version)

- squirrel tail

- strong paws

- beaver teeth (there will be stuff where the creature can perform gnawing more in this biome depending on the island)

ANCIENT GENES:

- mammoth’s fur

- hooved hind legs

- snow body (original gene only found in the game’s cheat codes for a awhile, now can be available on this biome)

*more coming soon but you can suggest to help me*

HYBRID GENES:

*also coming soon but you can also give me ideas to help me*

if something needs to be corrected/improved tell me. 🙂