Stray Fawn Community

mesa biome (UPDATED)

giugirl

my sugguestion for a new hot climate biome: mesa

as it said it is a hot climate biome but it has a bit more vegetation like trees, bushes and grass; has rock formations, sand, clay and some grass tiles; visible cliffs and peaks (and in some occasions: canyons); has trees, cactus, both normal and bare berry bushes (the normal ones are mostly rare) as well a new berry bush native of this biome: spicy berry bush (will make creatures feel hot or burn (the risk of burning will only happen in a 50% of chance in the sandstorm event) when picked up, it can be only harvested without problems by creatures with one or more heat resistance genes); has insects to collect; of course also has rogue males (sometimes) and wanderers; and for the entity creatures has regular game ones which are blue birds (sometimes depending on the island), bearyenas, stagmoles and dodomingos and new creatures natives of this biome (some of these also live in the savannah) which are geckoleons (gecko + chameleon) as prey entities, lionyxes (lion + lynx) and balance coyote as predator entities and for hybrid gene entities would be: armagolin (armadillo + pangolin) and zebraroo (kangaroo + zebra) as prey entities and dingodille (dingo + crocodile) as predator entitiy; and new ancient genes that can be found by crackling solid clay blocks (most of them are dinosaur based) (so new regular, hybrid and ancient genes (yay!)).

the islands would be like:

-arid mesa (medium island)

-crimson peaks (medium island)

-sunlight lake (hard island)

-rocky gulch (hard island)

-dried bone canyon (killer island)

any ideas, sugguestions, art based on this as well something to correct if there's something wrong?

6611BA10-20C7-429A-879E-E506B52A823D.jpeg

9A171B05-D506-40BC-83C5-4A2D350EE18C.jpeg

A6640EA9-7CAC-47B4-AAC1-30452ACEF8D5.jpeg

665EBFBD-91E7-4502-8D94-686BE432154F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1
  • Love 4

11 replies to this post

On 5/12/2019 at 9:45 PM, giugirl said:

the islands would be like:

-arid mesa (medium island)

-crimson peaks (medium island)

-sunlight lake (hard island)

-rocky gulch (hard island)

-overheat canyon (killer island)

Maybe add stuff to describe them. Like would Sunlight Lake have a lake in the middle.

Maybe Skull Overlook or Dried Bone Canyon for the killer isle. 

Here are some things I think would make it better (I dunno if they would. But I think)

-No ocean (on hard and/or killer) though 2 tile long beaches from the abyss.

-Different sized bones can be found. digging these up provides some food depending on digging skill. (Some animals eat bone marrow.)

-Using hearing, animals can listen underground for a small stream on islands w/out oceans to hear underground streams. It takes 2 hearing to hear night beneath you. (to adjacent tiles, 3. It cannot be heard 3 tiles away at all.) And a digging skill of 4+ to reach. (or of 2-3 digging skill, a low chance. 1 or no digging skill cannot attempt at it.)

• Like 3

On 5/25/2019 at 6:08 PM, Aetherskye said:

Maybe add stuff to describe them. Like would Sunlight Lake have a lake in the middle.

Maybe Skull Overlook or Dried Bone Canyon for the killer isle. 

Here are some things I think would make it better (I dunno if they would. But I think)

-No ocean (on hard and/or killer) though 2 tile long beaches from the abyss.

-Different sized bones can be found. digging these up provides some food depending on digging skill. (Some animals eat bone marrow.)

-Using hearing, animals can listen underground for a small stream on islands w/out oceans to hear underground streams. It takes 2 hearing to hear night beneath you. (to adjacent tiles, 3. It cannot be heard 3 tiles away at all.) And a digging skill of 4+ to reach. (or of 2-3 digging skill, a low chance. 1 or no digging skill cannot attempt at it.)

I updated the name for the killer island, now I need some help to describe the islands including their fauna and flora; because I already got some ideas for how the sunlight lake island would be like: it would be a partially a equivalent of the oasis island, but the difference that the lake as it’s name says has the shape of a sun and normal berry bushes are a little common but the spicy and dried berry bushes are even more.

• Like 1

I have: Prey and Predator ideas. 

Prey:

Kentroceratops (Triceratops and Kentrosaurus)

Brachimimus (Brachiosaurus and Galimimus)

Austrosauroloplus (Austrosaurus and Parasaurolophus)

Minimisaurus (Ankylosaurus and Minimi)

Pachyrex (Pachysephalosaurus-Dracorex)

Predators:

Velocisaurus (Velociraptor and Allosaurus)

Microtator (Microraptor and Iritator)

Mosacanth (Mosasaurus and Coelecanth)

Baryraptor (Baryonyx and Utahraptor)

Tyrannospino (T.rex and Spinosaurus)

Ooo I love this idea tbh! A biome like this would be so fun to explore ^^

Maybe there could be new weather cycles too, like a drought that dries up the water or sandstorms that decrease the amount of turns your nichelings have :0

Just an idea I guess :)

• Love 1

On 6/14/2019 at 12:02 PM, Venasai said:

Ooo I love this idea tbh! A biome like this would be so fun to explore ^^

Maybe there could be new weather cycles too, like a drought that dries up the water or sandstorms that decrease the amount of turns your nichelings have :0

Just an idea I guess :)

I already said that sandstorms are events in the description and they will not only temporary decrease the amount of turns as well they will make the spicy berries become so hot with the heat and dryness of the air that will cause to nichelings 50% the risk of being burn when harvesting them from the bushes while this event is happening; so to make them don’t lose turns and become imune to the spicy berries negative effects from both normal and sandstorm events is needed to have at least one or more heat resistance genes.

• Paw up 1

On 7/15/2019 at 7:27 AM, gamingcookie said:

Bearyenas are probably the only hybrids we'll ever get.

The mountain is probably the only place we'd get ancient genes.

And that's way too many prey/predators

I know but the good news that depending on the island each of the predators and preys will appear in certain islands as well in the savannah biome islands sometimes;

and I got the idea of adding ancient genes here because of the need of having reptile like and dinosaur nichelings, because have you seen those archeology documentaries about dinosaurs? Why not ancient genes in hot climate biomes but only the mesa one has this feature?