Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 059: Devil Mantis (It's like a remake of an old idea)

Biogamer

The Praying Mantis is one of the most popular breeds from the mantis family and it overshadows other amazing breeds. So I thought why not do the Devil Mantis which could be a great addition to the game. First would be the Devil Mantis Claws which would be unlocked by being in a Jungle biome for 30 days and attacking 50 times. The effects would be +2 distasteful appearance and +2 strength. The way the DM claws would look similar to a claw but with the of course the mantis shape and a small patch of skin in between the forelimb and the body with a colour set. This colour would be determined by the colours opposite to the ones used to set out the body (eg if the nicheling was white the DM claws hood would be black).

Next would be the Devil Mantis abdomen which would be unlocked by having nichelings with distasteful apperances for 50 days. The effects would be +3 distasteful appearance, +1 heat resistance, +1 scentless and -1 cold resistance. This references how the devil mantis' can handle the heat but die out due to the cold. As for the distasteful appearance it is like with the DM claws with bright colours intimidating prey. Nichelings with the DM abdomen would have a colour pallet like the toxic body but with a combination of 2 other colours (eg blue grey and brown). Personally I would like this idea because it add more colour to the nichelings themselves. Finally the Devil Mantis tail would be unlocked by having a nicelings with distasteful appearance for 30 days. The effects would be +2 distasteful appearance, +1 heat resistance and -1 cold resistance. It would work like the DM abdomen but only for the tail itself (I actually find this part neat).

Hope this was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer.

images.jpg

3 replies to this post

Guest SilverTheNicheling

It’s a great idea for one thing, and would bring out some more insect-like genes into the game! And surely my creatures will need more of a distasteful appearance of a bug indeed.. upvoted.

Guest SilverTheNicheling
3 hours ago, giugirl said:

Cool, we also need more insect and reptile like genes! And i hope to they also add a butterfly/moth wings

I concur ^^