Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 060: Giant Snake (from Nimbatus)

Biogamer

Nimbatus and Niche are both games made by Stray Fawn Studios and both seem fun (sadly can't play them 😫) but what if there was a reference of both of them in their games. For Nimbatus it could be a mission relating to analysing nichlings or fighting off their predators, as for the other way around in Niche the nichlings would have genes based of Nimbatus. Now I'm not saying the lazar beams and jet thrusters (doesn't sound half bad though) but what about the giant snake. It would be just a nice because the giant snake is some what prevalent in the game so it makes a lot of sense. First would be the Nimbatus fangs which would be a gene that would be invited into the tribe as with all the other genes. The effects would be +1 smelling, +1 hearing,+2 distasteful appearance and +2 strength, this is because the Giant snake does fight hard plus I don't think it relies on smelling because they're in space, you can't smell in space. Distasteful appearance because this is meant to be out of this earth and looking odd and strength because the giant snake looks strong.

Next the Nimbatus body would provide +2 strength, +2 distasteful appearance, +2 scentless, +2 speed, +1 cold resistance and +1 heat resistance (over all balance). The strength and distasteful appearance is related to what was written earlier, the scentless and speed is because it is fairly fast in NImbatus and because we don't know what giant snakes smell like (maybe chocolate strawberries). Finally the Nimbatus tail would provide +1 strength, +1 speed and +1 distasteful appearance and you know why.

Know these genes are technically op, because now a niceling is fast, powerful and can help fight of some predators but I've taken that into account. Which is why the Nimbatus fangs disable ears, the Nimbatus body disables paws and the Nimbatus tail disables hind legs. The whole idea is to give as mentioned earlier an extraterrestrial vibe to the genes and make it as a unique feature. 

Hope this was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer

(P.S - I know this may not be likely but this is just for fun, but if it does go well I'll be surprised.)

download.jpg

5 replies to this post

Guest SilverTheNicheling

I have not fully played Nimbatus just yet despite getting it still in its Early Access(maybe I gotta watch some gameplay videos like with Niche..)but this sounds like a neat idea and a cool reference too!