Stray Fawn Community

why hello there time for an unpopular opinion

georgie

so we're all like 12 or something

most 12 year olds (including me) are stupid and get in fights but they dont mean anything and are resolved the next day/ minute. nay. millisecond.

so uhh

some of the "fights" on here shouldn't be taken so seriously?? think of all the crap that goes on at school and stuff. people will grow out of it eventually 

but yeah, put warnings on touchy subjects and dont be actually mean to people

also, I can name so many people whom I hate for absolutely no reason, but you have to be polite enough to not talk about it

(I feel like there are many things wrong with this mentality please dont remove my kneecaps aaa goodnight)

• Eek! 1

19 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

put warnings on touchy subjects and dont be actually mean to people

First part: I agree

Second part: Some people don't understand but It is kinda a unwritten rule that everything 'mean' said here is a joke. (Unless in RP but that's in a different situation)

• Like 2

This may be true.
But from exactly these kind of jokes misunderstandings can arise and people may feel hurt or insulted.
So we'll be coming up with some forum guidelines on what is ok to say and what isn't, even when meant as a joke.
Believe me, I'd be very happy to just let everyone chat and enjoy themselves joking around.
But the past few days/weeks have shown me that some boundaries are needed.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Philo said:

This may be true.
But from exactly these kind of jokes misunderstandings can arise and people may feel hurt or insulted.
So we'll be coming up with some forum guidelines on what is ok to say and what isn't, even when meant as a joke.
Believe me, I'd be very happy to just let everyone chat and enjoy themselves joking around.

ok that actually makes a lot of sense

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Philo said:

This may be true.

I didn't actually think Global Warming was a sensitive topic. But turns out it is Doesn't stop me though.

I can't really remember what I've said as a 'too insensitive joke' (By what I mean is that people understood them.)

I'm not refering to any specific discussion or person, don't worry.
It's about the general direction that the mood in the offtopic section seems to take lately.
Adding guidelines is not to punish or blame anyone, it's to help inform people where the boundaries are.
From what I've read, I really don't belive that people are deliberately trying to hurt others, it mostly happens out of unintential insensitivity.
As @heyitsgeorgie said, many people here are young and maybe not yet have much experience with what it means to be in a forum, what might be ok to say and what isn't, what might make sense to post publicly or what would make more sense in private messages.
I really enjoy being in these forums with all of you, reading your ideas, testing the game with you, seeing your awesome drawings. I don't want your and my good feeling about this place to change because of unnecessary fighting. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Katumai said:

HA, i'm 15, child

Jojo is ancient and I'm legally an adult, you know. I'm just here to indulge in things serious, serious A students can't get away with. Then stab things in other games. And homework. I'll really need another hobby in about 1 1/2 months

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Philo said:

I'm not refering to any specific discussion or person, don't worry.
It's about the general direction that the mood in the offtopic section seems to take lately.
Adding guidelines is not to punish or blame anyone, it's to help inform people where the boundaries are.
From what I've read, I really don't belive that people are deliberately trying to hurt others, it mostly happens out of unintential insensitivity.
As @heyitsgeorgie said, many people here are young and maybe not yet have much experience with what it means to be in a forum, what might be ok to say and what isn't, what might make sense to post publicly or what would make more sense in private messages.
I really enjoy being in these forums with all of you, reading your ideas, testing the game with you, seeing your awesome drawings. I don't want your and my good feeling about this place to change because of unnecessary fighting. 

Hehe I think I am gonna leave for a bit. Nothing related to the recent stuff. Just need a break to catch up on life. (Also I have a 3-week unplugged camp sooo...) I haven been behind b/c of the forums, I just need stuff to slow down and get my life back together. (Going through those rough years :/). Anyways, hope y'all don't get bitten by snakes... or... Mosquitos.... or bears.... Or bearyenas.. or balance bears... or foxes... or dogs... you get the point, anything that can bite.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, randomspacecat said:

Jojo is ancient and I'm legally an adult, you know. I'm just here to indulge in things serious, serious A students can't get away with. Then stab things in other games. And homework. I'll really need another hobby in about 1 1/2 months

I feel so proud to have gotten the ancient rank *puts on sunglasses*

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Aetherskye said:

Hehe I think I am gonna leave for a bit. Nothing related to the recent stuff. Just need a break to catch up on life. (Also I have a 3-week unplugged camp sooo...) I haven been behind b/c of the forums, I just need stuff to slow down and get my life back together. (Going through those rough years :/). Anyways, hope y'all don't get bitten by snakes... or... Mosquitos.... or bears.... Or bearyenas.. or balance bears... or foxes... or dogs... you get the point, anything that can bite.

I got my first mosquito bite of the season the other day :(

• Eek! 1

2 minutes ago, randomspacecat said:

Yup. The cats drag them in, or they crawl in, or they just pop out of thin air. I don't get why my parents want to live there

That’s really disgusting. I hope I don’t taste good either

• Like 1

seeing all this stuff about bug bites makes me grateful that, in secondary school, we were miraculously freed of nits (headlice) the second we walked through those doors. maybe there was one kid who always had them but didn't go to the same secondary school as me. literally every month we got a letter with the same damned stock picture of a nit, and it roughly translated from fancy school talk to "lol ur kid has nits" and, lo and behold, we all did. I hear that that stuff caused a lot of bullying in other schools, but since we were all subjected to it nobody even cared at one point

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

seeing all this stuff about bug bites makes me grateful that, in secondary school, we were miraculously freed of nits (headlice) the second we walked through those doors. maybe there was one kid who always had them but didn't go to the same secondary school as me. literally every month we got a letter with the same damned stock picture of a nit, and it roughly translated from fancy school talk to "lol ur kid has nits" and, lo and behold, we all did. I hear that that stuff caused a lot of bullying in other schools, but since we were all subjected to it nobody even cared at one point

I'm also glad I despise touching people, now. Though there were cases, it never spread and the removed child wasn't revealed. They used codewords, I hear

• Like 1

Just now, randomspacecat said:

I'm also glad I despise touching people, now. Though there were cases, it never spread and the removed child wasn't revealed. They used codewords, too...

wait why did you react confused

• Like 1