Stray Fawn Community

Not giving tribemates food.

mhiahia

This is just an idea that has been on my mind for quite some time now. Whenever my tribe is at the brink of starvation, I always get annoyed when I have exactly as much food as nichelings. Even if there are some tribe members that I don't want to feed in order to save food, I can't. I also can't afford to banish one of my tribe members because they will steal my food, but they are also using up food that could be saved. 

I think that a solution to this could be a fourth rank - when an animal has this rank, they won't get any food, even if there is plenty. This would allow for the player to manage their resources more carefully. The nichelings that aren't fed will still get starvation damage, so there is still a penalty to using this method.

• Like 6
  • Paw up 3
  • Love 5

10 replies to this post

13 hours ago, W1r3d_P3ng01n said:

Nice idea! Just wondering, do the nichelings that have the rank get starvation damage?

Yeah, I think that would make sense. 

• Like 1

Yep... i hate when this happens. ROLEPLAY COMMENCE

Dukkir: Ok, so we have exactly 13 food. We will divvy it out now. 

Dukkir: Two for Emperor Starfur and Empress Bluepaw, 2 for their daughter and son, 2 for our collectors,  2 for our defenders, 1 for our non-Royal nichelet, (thats what i call baby nichelings) and one for me.

Dukkir: *gives out food* Wait, wheres the last 1 berry? 

Dukdukduk: *nervously chews berry*

Dukir: FOR YUKI'S SAKE DUKDUKDUK THIS NEEDS TO STOP

(comic coming soon) Also, if you dont know who Yuki is, go ahead and watch Seri! Pixel Biologist on youtube.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's not like I haven't wanted this before, but I feel like the only reason I needed this as a gameplay mechanic was in emergency situations. So I would hope to have maybe 5 food remaining if I have 10 members and 10 food, but I couldn't manage that even with utilizing the omega ranks. The only reasons why someone wouldn't kick off the members of the group to save the rest (outside from just having imaginative fun) would be because of the resource stealing issue and wanting the whole of the family line to be preserved, which kicking out doesn't allow since it gets rewritten to exclude the kicked out member.  As far as the former goes you can kill that nicheling off. I drown nichelings when I have to, or make them face a dangerous predator. Some people could banish them and then have a stronger member kill them off. That should be easy enough to do with babies. Not so helpful when they're sick, but if you have multiple sick individuals you can have them kill each other. Basically what I'm suggesting is to up your cruelness level- don't have them remain in your pack and starve, just banish them and murder them.

This is one of the things I was going to suggest. Glad I checked to see if others posted it first lol. It's so basic and so needed. I mean I don't like to starve or otherwise kill my niche creatures, but if I'm so low on food and need to keep my breeding creatures and their children alive and there's a random gatherer who is so young they won't even die if I do this but my breeding creature is so old they might and their newborn might if I can't conserve enough food it would be so bad for my breeding creatures who are old or cant afford to take damage to die when if I could've conserved 2 food by starving the other creature a couple turns I would've been able to pass on their genes. Survival of the tribe comes first!