Stray Fawn Community

Ikla's Plague ~ A Story Based Sickness Challenge

wikipedia [he/him]

It started simply- a small sneeze, or reddening of the nose. Then it grew- a hacking cough, fur dulling and falling off in clumps. Some never recovered, having scratching themselves to death in the middle of the night, screeching and screaming and begging and pleading for the green-eyed one to stop.

===

-Start with 3 nichelings. The breeding pair MUST HAVE double immunity, and the same immunity as each other (EG: both have F/F for immunity). The third nicheling is..

-IMMUNE. Immune nichelings cannot contract Ikla's Plague due to: having dominant green eyes or double black fur. However, on each day more than 5 Immune nichelings live, one must roll a random number generator. An even number means all Immune nichelings stay immune, while an odd number means half of them die. 

-At the start of each 5th turn, roll a random die- anything below 4 means a Plague Mutation (HERE), while 5 and 6 means take half the food off the 'counter'.

-If a nicheling with green eyes, double black fur, waterbody, poison fangs and stinky tail is born, that is Ikla himself. Count this as an odd number, and kill all immune nichelings.

-You start with 50 food and 100 nesting material. 

-Age is set to 1/1/1/53. Pregnancy duration is 3 days. 

-Set healing to 0; Ikla has a vendetta against purr snouts and would likely kill them if not for how disgusting they are.

-Set all damage to x7.

-You must start on at least a medium difficulty island. 

-You must have at least 10 Immune Nichelings to travel.

-Immune Nichelings are the only Nichelings who can fight.

-This is a story based challenge- it isn't supposed to be won. Don't feel bad if you go extinct! 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, randomspacecat said:

My purrsnots :(

I am going to have them rule the world just in spite of this

Purrsnots are yes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, angelheart said:

Sure. Also, yes, curses are permanent. 

Yeah, sorry for barbarizing it. It could count as a test run from a challenge perspective, at least. Suggestions:

-- Something to balance out the tribe's growing strenght. Messing with time, as by making plague scenarios increasingly frequent is one method. 

-- Possible incentive to keep a larger number of Immune. Or something that stops the player from remaining static near a set number.

(-- increase lifespan for children/pregnancy duration. As with AHVHC, they have a higher perceived "worth" when harder to raise. Or keep the cannon fodder method, idk. Some goals clash. (You did fix the stats. I hadn't noticed, so maybe ignore that point))

-- General difficulty spike. While I did get really lucky for 35 days, it's surviveable. No paw issues, sudden food counter reset, some lasting menace for the whole tribe. Once you're strong/climate resistant enough, even harsh conditions become mellow. Counteracting that might be necessary

I'll plague you again at some point. Didn't sleep in three days, History test today, Biology tomorrow. Niche needs hard challenges from time to time

• Like 2

beep
what about my Raccoon Challenge? Well I supposed that isn't as fun as killing innocent Nichelings... but it's not fun to me. I like having tons of food I got over time and having lots of RP sorts of things. Those are fun.
Fun is not caring too much, but caring lots. You'll understand...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

beep
what about my Raccoon Challenge? Well I supposed that isn't as fun as killing innocent Nichelings... but it's not fun to me. I like having tons of food I got over time and having lots of RP sorts of things. Those are fun.
Fun is not caring too much, but caring lots. You'll understand...

I have an island where no one is allowed to die, ever. But the game gets boring without variety. Both have their use. Though I'm more prone to mixing easier challenges and not posting "playthroughs". 

I have an island where no one is allowed to die, ever. But the game gets boring without variety. Both have their use

No.
Nichelings are allowed to die, and it's cool. Old age and normal stuff like bearyenas, cool. We'll mourn them and stuff, but it's one less to feed...
I have a problem with food. I had 1000+ food around 50 days. One rule I have for all of my tribes: NOBODY HAS ANYMORE CHILDREN AFTER WE HIT 10 AND DON'T HAVE 100 FOOD

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

No.
Nichelings are allowed to die, and it's cool. Old age and normal stuff like bearyenas, cool. We'll mourn them and stuff, but it's one less to feed...
I have a problem with food. I had 1000+ food around 50 days. One rule I have for all of my tribes: NOBODY HAS ANYMORE CHILDREN AFTER WE HIT 10 AND DON'T HAVE 100 FOOD

When I started playing, I never came to Long Winter with less than 1.5 k. Stopped looking at the counter altogether by now. 😅

But my point is, with the sandbox nichelings can live for one day, or pretty much forever. The game doesn't offer that much variety, but adapting your playstyle is usually more fun to me than breeding nichelings to perfection. Maybe you'll become bored yet and will one day introduce the best worst challenge of all. Imagine the fallout 🎃. Spoopy

When I started playing, I never came to Long Winter with less than 1.5 k. Stopped looking at the counter altogether by now. 😅

But my point is, with the sandbox nichelings can live for 4 days, or pretty much forever. The game doesn't offer that much variety, but adapting your playstyle is usually more fun to me than breeding nichelings to perfection. Maybe you'll become bored yet and will one day introduce the best worst challenge of all. Imagine the fallout 🎃. Spoopy

Raccoon Challenge