Stray Fawn Community

🦋 Broken Wings ~ {open RP!} 🦋

bostonlobstah

We have travelled hundreds of miles. Across tiles of long grass, through rivers and oceans, up the tallest trees, through the deepest snows. But we have never found the right place. Ever since we have left our birthplace, I have felt something following me. It's a small presence. Only I can notice it, and I haven't told anyone. But I can feel the buzz of it from my antennae, and when I dream it haunts me. 

My dream. It starts with a stick in the ground, in the middle of a desert, casting a shadow that spins faster and faster---a sundial. I watch it, mesmerized, for several minutes. Then it goes black. I'm still in my dreaming mind, but I look around and there is nothing to see. If I try to call out, my mouth fills with inky black, thick liquid that seems to engulf me. I have this dream every night, and each time the dream is longer. I watch the sundial a little bit longer, and the darkness lasts twice as long.

Last night, saw a hint of something more that I hadn't seen in previous dreams. Just before the darkness came, I saw a deep crimson drop of blood fall from the sky. 

I was born blind, but could always find happiness when I saw things in my dreams. But now, that's slipping away from me. I don't know what could be the problem, but it is my duty as a leader of the Petalwings to fix things. Fix things just as my mother did, and her father before that, and as far back as our history goes. I will not make our legacy end. I will bring us home. 

About!

The Petalwings are a nicheling tribe that have evolved to all have butterfly wings, which is a nonexistent gene in the game currently but is heavily inspired by THIS popular suggestion by @MysticTopaz. This roleplay also features many other popular suggestions that are currently not in game, as you will see later on. This is to increase character variation, make their world more interesting, and get people more excited for possible new suggestions. 

There are 3 main types of butterfly wings. The first and most common type is also considered by the Petalwings to be the most attractive. It has a colorful pattern, almost like a stained glass window, or translucent mosaic. The second type is green with a splash of blue and berry purple, as it is meant to be the most camouflaged wing. The third type is yellow and gray with big blue 'eyes' staring back at you. It is the most intimidating type, as it is meant to resemble the eyes of an ape. You can learn more about the stats of these wings and how they look from different angles by checking out the link I made above!

The Petalwings are a physically weak tribe. It is incredibly rare for a Petal to have more than a single point in strength. The strongest Petalwing was thought to be a creature a long time ago that had both saber fangs and megaloceros horns, giving them a 4 in strength. Although Petals can fly short distances, they are unable to swoop to catch prey, even if they were strong enough to do so. So, the main food source of Petals are berries and flowers, which they pick with their delicate yet wolflike paws. All Petals have gems on their chests like normal nichelings do. 

The Petalwings are currently on a Rainforest island, but the Tribe's leader, Selene, knows that soon they will be forced to move. She has been having dreams that frighten her lately, but she hasn't been telling anyone about them in fear that doing so will upset the Starrywings (ancestors of the afterlife). All other drama etc is up to you as the roleplayers!

Rules!

- This used to be an adoptable roleplay only, but now you can also use the bases here to color in your own characters

- You may only adopt one Petal per batch/day. You can own a max of 10 petals, both adopted and created count. 

- No real arguing, fighting, flaming or trolling

- Please be kind and respectful to others at all times!

- No killing other characters without permission

- Do not overpower the roleplay or create overpowered characters

To make your own character, submit this form:

Name - 

Gender - 

Appearance - (put your colored in picture here)

Adoptables!

Sometimes I will hold competitions or raffles of pre-made adoptable characters that can be roleplayed once obtained. The rules for the adoptables are explained on their thread. Click each link to go to their thread!

Lilac Sister 🌸

Cheesy Surprise 🧀

The character archive can be found here. Once everyone above gets adopted they will be moved to the archives. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Okay, how will the adoptables work? They surely won't be from screenshots, as the butterfly body isn't in the game. Will you draw the adoptables? (Because I'm up for that! oh my gosh your art is soo pretty...)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

Okay, how will the adoptables work? They surely won't be from screenshots, as the butterfly body isn't in the game. Will you draw the adoptables? (Because I'm up for that! oh my gosh your art is soo pretty...)

Yep! I will use a base that I've made ;)

1162486658_nicherfly(1).png.1729ed49d8b557abb82ad1dde5f48ed7.png

(I'm going to edit it slightly before I start using it though!)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bostonlobstah said:

Yep! I will use a base that I've made ;)

1162486658_nicherfly(1).png.1729ed49d8b557abb82ad1dde5f48ed7.png

(I'm going to edit it slightly before I start using it though!)

Omg I can’t wait this seems really cool.

• Thanks 1

I'm day dreaming about butterfly nichelings added into niche. WAIT I COULD DRAW ONE! after i finish my requests and get ideas of what to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bostonlobstah said:

adoptable2.png.04cf8280a5f577f5cc4645e06eab2e88.pngSherbet ice cream, yum! Featuring Lilytuft's white spotting suggestion! Open!

ME PLZ I WANT HER NAME TO BE Monarch!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brokenshock said:

Dangit homework! Why!!!!!!

Sorry, I'll have more kiddos up later this week/tomorrow/today I hope, though I'm quite busy with homework too

I'm so stupid why did I get into this right before final exams

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bostonlobstah said:

Good luck! I'm just praying I get into the advanced math class...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bostonlobstah said:

Sorry, I'll have more kiddos up later this week/tomorrow/today I hope, though I'm quite busy with homework too

Okay. It's fine.

• Like 1