Stray Fawn Community

New Islands: Watering Hole and Oasis (oasis improvements)

bostonlobstah

So our oasis currently is a savanna with a big lake in the middle. But a real oasis is a lake flourishing with life in the middle of a desert. But I want to keep the old oasis too because I love the idea and the island. 

So my new idea, is to create 2 new islands: Oasis and Watering Hole. 

Watering Hole is basically what is currently the oasis. A lot of animals such as zebeeste, liotahs, and bearyenas etc come here to drink. The amount of animals there makes the watering hole dangerous to visit, full of predators and prey, and lots of fish. 

the image below is a cool photo that was shot over a 26 hour period at a watering hole in africa. As you can see, a variety of animals come here to drink.

Maybe we could have some new animals too? A bird who loves to fish? A Hipponoceros? 

image.png.5dac8f840e0df95f7a3f22e111ff1b9a.png 

Next up is the Oasis. It's quite different from the oasis we currently have in-game. A typical real oasis is more like a desert with almost jungle-like foliage and palm trees growing around the water's edge, so it looks a lot more alive than the oasis we have now. 

So, the new Oasis would be a very big island, with vast desert sands and lots of cacti and some bare berry bushes and the occasional tuft of grass. The center of the island, much like the current oasis, would be a large lake. However this lake will be surrounded by palm trees and jungle plants and be full of razorhina, clownkoi, and the small fish schools. 

I don't really have any fantastic ideas, but if you can think of anything to improve or expand upon this, please share :D Specifically, can you think of any ways to distinguish gameplay between Oasis and Watering Hole besides them looking a little different?

image.thumb.png.61d74597363a4029a6001f282443a917.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

0 replies to this post

There are no comments yet