Stray Fawn Community

A snip bit in my life

6 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

doesn't the sky get yellow just before/ after a storm? we get that quite a lot in spring around here

In my town it just gets very dark and gloomy cumulonimbus clouds. I think it’s been yellow before tho

• Like 1

Haven't seen it. We don't get sudden storms, though. The internet says:

But it is known that a greenish-yellowsky before a storm is common in some parts of the world, while totally absent in others. Bottom line: The bluish tint of water might combine with a golden tint from the sun to create a greenish sky before tornadoes. Or the scattering of light by air molecules might cause it.Apr 10, 2015 (earthsky.org)

We once had a huge rainstorm and the sky turned greenish before that with a little bit of purple. It freaked us out to no end. And it rained so much that we had mutliple streets flooded and stuff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, recalibrating spacecat.exe said:

Haven't seen it. We don't get sudden storms, though. The internet says:

But it is known that a greenish-yellowsky before a storm is common in some parts of the world, while totally absent in others. Bottom line: The bluish tint of water might combine with a golden tint from the sun to create a greenish sky before tornadoes. Or the scattering of light by air molecules might cause it.Apr 10, 2015 (earthsky.org)

The second reason is the reason for my state's sky

• Like 1