Stray Fawn Community

Niche does not start with new Windows 10 Update

Micha

The Windows 10 update (1709) seems to cause problems with all unity games. 
If you don't see a window, but hear the music when you launch the game, please try out if one of the following solutions works for you:

Nvidia Graphics Card
Going to the Nvidia Control Panel, and selecting "Adjust desktop size and positioning" under the "Display" header, make sure "Aspect Ratio" is selected for scaling mode, and "GPU" is selected for "Perform scaling on:" dropdown--these were already set up like this for me, and all I had to do in addition was check the box for "Override the scaling mode set by games and programs".

AMD Graphics Card
Open the Radeon settings using AMD Graphics Evolved and set the Scaling Mode to "preserve aspect ratio"

Intel Graphics
Open the Intel Graphics setting and check the Maintain Aspect Ratio checkbox under General Settings.

Edit the Settings.ini
Locate the Settings.ini at C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Team Niche\Niche - a genetics survival game\Settings.ini

(The appdata folder is hidden, so you need to change some windows setting to be able to view it.)
Open the Settings.ini file and set FullScreen=0 and have a look at the resolution setting and make sure it's the same as your display. Save the file and try to launch Niche again.
If those solutions did not work, you can also try this:

Disable Fullscreen Optimization
Locate the Niche.exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Niche\Windows

Rightclick the Niche.exe and select Properties. Naviagte to the Compatibility Tab and check the "Disable Fullscreen Optimization" box. Try to launch Niche again.
We will have a closer look at the problem after our holidays and hopefully find a fix.
In the meantime I hope one of these workarounds solve the problem for you :)

Cheers,
Micha

• Like 1

• Micha pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...