Stray Fawn Community

Automatic Actions

Niche fan

10 replies to this post

I adore this idea so here are my suggestions for the issues you could have with this:

to start off you should select where your creature is picking from, so selecting the creature then selecting a berry bush/patch of ground where nuts fall rather than automatically having your creature pick anything near it because that could mess up roles (like if you have a creature around a berry bush but you only want it to pick up nuts) 

my next suggestion is that these actions should happen at the start at the beginning of the day so if the creature has any of its gems left over (example if they only pick the bush once that's 2 gems left over) you can still move them and have them preform other actions 

which goes to another point of what should happen if you move the creature away? I think if this happens the nicheling shouldn't automatically collect from that area again unless you tell it to again, so you could move them to a new bush or not have them automatically collect anymore at all 

to the point of the rabbills and other creatures not being able to move to collect food the way I imagine this process is that it would mostly be used by players who have such a massive number of nichelings that the reason they want this is to not have to go through and click each individual creature to collect food and to be able to focus on the more end game goals of breeding specific traits, I know once I reach this point in my game I usually have 1000+ food and I'd really like to focus on the genetic aspects rather than the gathering of food. the rabbills at that point are only a slight annoyance. This feature may make the game a little easier for early game but since it would be great as an optional thing I think those who prefer to play the game in harder difficulties will avoid it until they have an abundance of creatures and those who might like the game a little easier will enjoy it because they can focus more on introducing genetics right from the start. 

Sorry this was so crazy long I just really love this idea and as someone who plays with very large packs this is something I think would be great for players who are in 50+ hours save game files and really want to be able to focus on developing creatures without having to collect from every single berry bush they have creatures at manually. one thing I don't think will work though is hunting/fishing, as those creatures move and I don't see having to attack those as an action that repetitive enough that it would become tedious. let me know if any of this didn't really make sense I'll try to clean up my thoughts 

• Like 2

Yes! I fully agree that we need this.
There is one problem though. When is this activated? Whenever another animal does something? When you end the day?
Let's say it activates when you end the day and let's say you have 5 "berry picking" animals next to berry bushes.
There are also some wild animals and Rabills around who want to eat those berries. In the game they only move when perform an action.
But now you only end the day and your animals automatically collect the food. The other entities don't get a chance to move/do stuff.
This would make the game a lot easier.

Or maybe there is a "perform job" button now?
But if you have 5 animals that perform their job once you click it, does that mean the wild animals also get 5 actions?

Any help on this problem is greatly appreciated!

Haii , I think that it would be super cool if we could like have 'roles' (job) like hunters, gathers , fishers and stuff like that. So that a Nichling could have a role like the system with alpha, beta and omega. I'm not sure how handy this would be if at all but I think that it could work with the automatic perform job you guys where talking about. 
I also have other (small) suggestions, the first is  for a new location??(not sure if they are called locations) But a very volcanic location would be really cool or a completely under water one with just a few super small 'islands' and underwater ports. Stuff like sharks and other big predators could be added and there could be underwater wanderers. 
My other suggestion is for underwater nests, so they look different and maybe leaches cant get on them if a nichling is resting there, I think that it would be really cool. Also more under water related food could be amazing, like maybe squids and stuff like that this could tie in with the underwater world c; 
My last suggestion is for an intelligence skill(trait?), this skill could make your nichelings make better nests(maybe like the permanent nest) just like beavers in real life can make really good nests. And im not sure how realistic you guys want to keep the game but it would be also cool if the intelligent nichlings could make small barriers like they make nests but just like the thorns in the swamp location. It would be so cool if that would be possible, I'm sorry for my big message.
 Also I dont know a lot about this game so maybe many things that I suggested are already in the game, thanks for reading this message if anyone really did haha. 

• Like 1

By the way, I didn't include my small suggestions in a new thread because I would like to draw and sketch out some things that I mean. I saw someone else do it on another suggestion thread (the one where they suggested the snake and different tails) and I thought that it would be a cool idea to do the same for the nest and barriers.  Like drawing out what I mean with them

@Luny
Please make a suggestion for each idea seperately if you like :)
They sound very cool!

Here, we only discuss the Automatic Actions.
Also, if you like this idea, please make sure to leave it an upvote (up arrow at the top of the page).
Thanks ^^

I didn't think of the other entities movement but if the auto action is set for that night cycle maybe when it switches over the niches movements would be in que / line with the other entities. Example niche 1 moves, the rabbit eats, then niche 2 moves, then the bird attacks and so on all during the night cycle. Meaning the action would have to take place before the next day and cost a movement/ green dot of the current day.

I agree it quickens the game but your still restricted to 3 moves per day and have to determine when it's worth it. If it's to hot or cold you might not want to pre set 1 of your 2 actions for the day. Quicker but more complex by planning some future moves

Another option would be to charge 2 movements/ green dots to pre set actions causing people to collect less.

Thank you, 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wolfhowlmay said:

I adore this idea so here are my suggestions for the issues you could have with this:

to start off you should select where your creature is picking from, so selecting the creature then selecting a berry bush/patch of ground where nuts fall rather than automatically having your creature pick anything near it because that could mess up roles (like if you have a creature around a berry bush but you only want it to pick up nuts) 

my next suggestion is that these actions should happen at the start at the beginning of the day so if the creature has any of its gems left over (example if they only pick the bush once that's 2 gems left over) you can still move them and have them preform other actions 

which goes to another point of what should happen if you move the creature away? I think if this happens the nicheling shouldn't automatically collect from that area again unless you tell it to again, so you could move them to a new bush or not have them automatically collect anymore at all 

to the point of the rabbills and other creatures not being able to move to collect food the way I imagine this process is that it would mostly be used by players who have such a massive number of nichelings that the reason they want this is to not have to go through and click each individual creature to collect food and to be able to focus on the more end game goals of breeding specific traits, I know once I reach this point in my game I usually have 1000+ food and I'd really like to focus on the genetic aspects rather than the gathering of food. the rabbills at that point are only a slight annoyance. This feature may make the game a little easier for early game but since it would be great as an optional thing I think those who prefer to play the game in harder difficulties will avoid it until they have an abundance of creatures and those who might like the game a little easier will enjoy it because they can focus more on introducing genetics right from the start. 

Sorry this was so crazy long I just really love this idea and as someone who plays with very large packs this is something I think would be great for players who are in 50+ hours save game files and really want to be able to focus on developing creatures without having to collect from every single berry bush they have creatures at manually. one thing I don't think will work though is hunting/fishing, as those creatures move and I don't see having to attack those as an action that repetitive enough that it would become tedious. let me know if any of this didn't really make sense I'll try to clean up my thoughts 

Thank you, I totally agree about playing for different reasons at different levels of difficulty.

Weather the actions take place in the day or night other entities movement can cost you like if your set for fishing and the fish move, new risk / loss added. If the action is for the next day your stuck and can be attacked. I think you still have to point the niche to what you want collected even if there is an auto collecting button added especially when focusing on nuts vs berries.

Also do you think there should be a limit like auto set for 1 turn,  multiple turns then reset or auto set it and forget it? What if it cost 2 gems instead of 1? And should it be like the alpha button where you can turn it off and on?

Thank you for your input.  

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 4:13 AM, Philo said:

Yes! I fully agree that we need this.
There is one problem though. When is this activated? Whenever another animal does something? When you end the day?
Let's say it activates when you end the day and let's say you have 5 "berry picking" animals next to berry bushes.
There are also some wild animals and Rabills around who want to eat those berries. In the game they only move when perform an action.
But now you only end the day and your animals automatically collect the food. The other entities don't get a chance to move/do stuff.
This would make the game a lot easier.

Or maybe there is a "perform job" button now?
But if you have 5 animals that perform their job once you click it, does that mean the wild animals also get 5 actions?

It would be best to be activated when you do an action wig your nichling. maybe when a rabill is next to the Bush, the rabill it eats a berry and your nichling can’t collect for that turn. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 2:13 AM, Philo said:

....Or maybe there is a "perform job" button now?

Personally, not to be disrespectful, but I have to say I don't think the wild animals should get 5 additional actions. Reason; on an island, for every single action we make with 1 nicheling, all rabbils and moles on the island will move. I find more bare bushes while exploring than full ones. Bearyenas, Arctic Foxes, and the Balance Bears move at the end of the day, so if we had a button it would just be counting as actions made during the day and only the rabbils and moles would be affected by it.

However, I think a "perform the job" button would be a great gameplay idea that would definitely help with larger niche tribes. After about twenty+ nichelings I tend to have more standing in one place on the same bush anyways. If the job button were to be something used every turn (and only once a turn) in theory I do not see it causing a lot of trouble for the local wildlife, it'd be no different than four or five rabbil harvesting four or five bushes after my niche has plucked a single nesting material from a regrowing grass patch. 

On 4/5/2018 at 9:58 AM, Luny said:

By the way, I didn't include my small suggestions in a new thread because I would like to draw and sketch out some things that I mean. I saw someone else do it on another suggestion thread (the one where they suggested the snake and different tails) and I thought that it would be a cool idea to do the same for the nest and barriers.  Like drawing out what I mean with them

Hey
@Luny
haha
I think you mean my post
Hoi. xD
Anywaysss
Back to upvoting ideas.