Stray Fawn Community

poof I'm temporarily gone (starting monday)

Sky

So I'm gonna go to a Summer Camp on Monday and get back Friday. I should be able to be on here tomorrow, probably not on monday, maybe just for a few minutes. I don't remember when we get back on friday but chances are I won't be on here that day. Also I probably won't be on any more today since I gtg in a few minutes and we'll be back at like 9 pm (it's 4:30 pm here btw).

so yeah enjoy my absence starting monday

• Like 3
  • Paw up 2

reminds me of when I used to go to a camp and stay there weeks at a time

we even brought a trinket home from under our camper!
we brought home a cat.
There was a cat- wait no, a kitten, under our camper and we took her home. She still lives today, and even has had kittens.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hope you have fun!

(I remember when I briefly attended a school camp for a brief day. I was so tired of the place that I literally sat outside of the main lodge and refused to eat dinner. Good thing my mom showed up later that day!)

• Paw up 1

23 hours ago, something about space♡ said:

Have fun! (Unless it`s one of those awful, awful sounding school camps. Can one even have fun there?)

My least favorite part is the Swimming Evaluations they have on the first day, as the first thing you do after you get there and set up your stuff in your cabin. They have you swim across the pool like two or three times, and you're not supposed to touch the bottom (you can touch it when you get to the end of the pool, then once everyone gets tot hat side they make you go back across). Doesn't sound that hard, right? Well, I'm horrible at it. First of all, I hate getting water in my eyes and I'm not very good at holding my breath underwater. Actually, that's a lie. I can't (well, forgot) hold my breath underwater at all. Second, I don't have very good stamina. For example, running. I can run fast, but not for long. Same with swimming, minus the fast part. So last year (my first year there, and also my first time at a summer camp), when i did it, it was horrible. I remember that the last time they made us go across, I touched the bottom so many times I was convinced I was going to just be kicked out or something because I couldn't swim well enough. i was also really embarrassed, but nobody said anything about it.

So, basically, it's a nightmare. :(

• Sad 1

tomorrow/monday/sometime soon I'll tell you guys what happened during that awesome week of being at a christian summer camp full of preteens/teens. 

one thing I'll tell you guys now: we had an unspoken and unwritten rule that at a meal (everyone ate in a big giant room, the Dining Hall/Worship Center/Atrium), if someone dropped something and it made a clatter, everyone had to clap. This would result in someone accidentally dropping a plate and then the whole room of 400-500 people applauding. That was fun

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Paw up 1

1 minute ago, Skysplash8 said:

tomorrow/monday/sometime soon I'll tell you guys what happened during that awesome week of being at a christian summer camp full of preteens/teens. 

one thing I'll tell you guys now: we had an unspoken and unwritten rule that at a meal (everyone ate in a big giant room, the Dining Hall/Worship Center/Atrium), if someone dropped something and it made a clatter, everyone had to clap. This would result in someone accidentally dropping a plate and then the whole room of 400-500 people applauding. That was fun

Sounds fun can’t wait to hear about it.

• Like 1

so the power went out on sunday because a storm made a neighbor's tree fall on the power lines (a ton of people in my city were out of power for several days :() and only came back thursday. From sunday to thursday we were staying in a hotel and that's why i was gone for so long

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

so the power went out on sunday because a storm made a neighbor's tree fall on the power lines (a ton of people in my city were out of power for several days :() and only came back thursday. From sunday to thursday we were staying in a hotel and that's why i was gone for so long

Man that sucks. I am glad we haven't been out of power for so long. Once we had no power for an evening which was fun because we could put up candles and nothing really happened but several days, not fun.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:32 PM, Skysplash8 said:

So I'm gonna go to a Summer Camp on Monday and get back Friday. I should be able to be on here tomorrow, probably not on monday, maybe just for a few minutes. I don't remember when we get back on friday but chances are I won't be on here that day. Also I probably won't be on any more today since I gtg in a few minutes and we'll be back at like 9 pm (it's 4:30 pm here btw).

so yeah enjoy my absence starting monday

I'll be gone, too!

for three gosh darn weeks!

• Like 3