Stray Fawn Community

Family Tree

Phiarose

OLD IDEA, LOOK AT EDIT

I always feel sad when a Nicheling dissappears from the family tree. Even ones who have family still dissappear at some point... My favorite Nichelings and such, i dont get to remember what they look like that easily when this happens.

Im hoping maybe the Devs can make a scroll for the family tree? I know most people would like to be able to look through many of their generations. With a scroll, you would be able to look at your oldest Nichelings and recent Nichelings. I know one or two problems may occur, as such as a very, VERY long game's generations. {I think it would be fine if the oldest Nichelings would be.. "erased" in that situation)

Edit: Thanks to everybody who voted this up.  I now realize how much lag would be made.

So, i think the best way to save files is that every 3 generations or so, the family tree would be saved to the menu to be seen. The tabs would say "generations 1-3". You would find this in the menu game/tribe tab, once you click on the game's/tribe's tab.

To still prevent lag, the devs could add a notification asking to delete an old game's tree, such as 9 generations ago.

Note: whenever i say "game", i mean not Niche, but the game you are saving the tree in

Edited by Phiarose
I noticed the lag this would induce.
  • Like 12

7 replies to this post

About the lag for longer games, someone suggested that they'd be stored in boxes instead of scrolling so a box for generation 1 and or 2 and then another box for generation 3. That way only one or two boxed will be open (or scroll through) and the other ones wouldn't be loaded. In addition to that we could have the option to export the file to see it whole?

• Like 9

I would like a family tree that lists all the generations as well. Including the nichelings that never had children. It would help them from fading away forgotten. Though I do see this as an issue for longer games. Perhaps we could have it be longer, but to prevent lag after a point we could have the full tree as some sort of file we could export. I'm not a game dev, so the difficulty might be more than it's worth.

• Like 4

Here's my idea:
We can have like, a settings in the family tree! It can show the generations, like you can have a button in the family tree that enables you to look at past generations! I tried to edit a thing, so here's how it looks in my mind:
image.thumb.png.b78edfcf6ca48dd487effd3bd22e71de.png
So, you can see the generations button down there. If you want to see your first, you click 1st and would get this!
image.thumb.png.57b9349958b04c60888dbc2285f5f284.png

image.thumb.png.946376c674c80e413c1d30997f7c31d9.png
Holy crap I just spent so long editing this hhhhhhhhhhhhh.
But this is a way I think you could get an endless generational tree!
(I got a bit lazy with the last one, as you see the names are all the same.. but deal with it... I cant edit all those lines ahhhhhhhh)

• Like 3

I've always wanted this. I really want to see the evolution in my tribe and be able to look to a complete tree from the beginning! Also those nichelings who join the tribe and are never related to anyone should show up!

• Like 2

I made a similar suggestion to this in the first community voting,  but it was not among the most popular suggestions at the time, and was overlooked. I would still like to see this added to the game, because it would help roleplayers and increase immersion. Separating the family tree by generations is a good idea to prevent lag, but preferably it would be seamless.

• Like 4

I hate it when nichelings disappear off the family tree because I always want to be able to remember those that have passed and to be able to look at how dramatically genetics have changed since the start, this is one of my favorite ideas for sure.

• Like 1