Stray Fawn Community

Directional Accelerometer

Woworm

Imagine a part that based on the direction it is placed measures the acceleration or speed of it, and when it reaches a certain value (set in the editor) does a keypress, like the speed sensor but for 1 direction, because the speed sensor is just speed and not speed in a certain direction. this has many practical applications, such as smart stabilization systems, that will apply counterthrust to forces like gravity and pushing from a direction, or to slow down vertical ascent when going too fast, etc.

• Like 3

9 replies to this post

I miss that one as well.

We only have speed sensor and do not give direction.

I miss a direction of movement sensor. A block that works in one axis with 2 outputs and make it active key as input. :) It will also need a minimum speed or minimum acceleration level to work.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 2:28 PM, corona_wind said:

In the spirit of keeping the game simple, it could be a part like our direction indicator, but with four quadrants, and the ball tending towards the center.

dir-indicator.gif

I like that idea, maybe the ball moves based on your speed and when it reaches the set speed it activates the output and enters the quadrant in it's direction.