Stray Fawn Community

Am i the only one?

Katumai

So, I love drawing. I have a lot of characters from games, shows, movies etc that I LOVE and really want to draw like, 24/7. THE PROBLEM IS: I cant draw humans. Just cats.

So what's my solution?

DRAW THEM AS CATS OF COURSE

I have made designs for %80 of these characters as cats. Even I could draw humans, I probably wouldn't draw these characters as them still. Drawing them like this has become normal for me, and honestly, it gives me A LOT of room for creativity. Because instead of just drawing Warriors stuff or characters from my original stories, I can work with these universes and characters. A lot of people have criticized me for this, especially with characters from very emotional and impactful games. They say that making them cats takes away the power that a certain scene had or something. But trust me, if I made an animation of a scene that made a lot of people cry, but the characters were cats, it would probably still make people cry.

Heck, I drew an iconic scene from one of my absoloute FAVORITE games, and when I finished, I started tearing up looking at it. That scene probably traumatized me, and left me with a lot of sadness. Low and behold, making them cats didn't change that. It had the same impact. 

Sometimes, making them cats give it MORE impact. I don't know how, but it really does. 

I don't really know where I was going with this, but yeah. Just thought I would share this :')

Am I the only weirdo who does this kind of thing?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Renio2490 said:

Nichelings.

Humans?
Kill them.

I'm not a human.
I'm whatever I want to be,
like a cat stepping on a piece of glass and seeing the four dead june bugs scattered around our house
sad times, man.

I’m a flower :) 

• Paw up 1

I have the same issue. I am pretty good at drawing almost any mammal. Primarily canines, felines and horses. But I can't for the life of me draw humans. Though I am looking to improve that in the future because I really want to be able to draw humans.

5 hours ago, something about space♡ said:

I'm running for space president

Is flowers don’t have a government, we’re a peaceful species so laws are necessary 

• Like 1

I’m trying to draw humans and since I’m a furry artist, I had a bit of a head start but it’s still difficult to figure out. 

Most proudest human I’ve done yet—

66946959-8211-43DE-86BD-1DFA12DABFE3.thumb.jpeg.fac1919dccd5d977f788a97d6dc818b4.jpeg

But I do definitely see a lot of room for improvement, and I hope to draw humans as equally well as I do furries :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1