Stray Fawn Community

Water genes too common

takoyamaaaS

Half of the time I start without changing the settings, I get frogtoed, water-bodied, fish- or platypus-faced, webbed-pawed starters.

Tester branch..

20190602185251_1.thumb.jpg.8fe8ff3eef2d9958d38327c7dc7b5a31.jpg

But look! When I change to the not-tester branch version...

20190602160514_1.thumb.jpg.1a6f2fbbc5d4a8c8af1d7d6aa2feffef.jpg

• Paw up 6

12 replies to this post

Hey folks
Yes, starter animals are more random now.
We added Webbed Paw to the forbidden genes now, so your starters won't have them unless you remove them from the forbidden list ^^

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I agree, before the update starters only spawned with medium body, i don't think I saw any water genes in iceblocks and webbed paw was quite rare. I like water genes, but now they're just everywhere...

• Like 3

Pretty sure this is the same on the main branch ^^
With starter animals it basically just takes all the genes for each slot and picks one randomly I think (except for some rare genes).
So since there are only very few hindleg genes, chances to get webbed hindlegs are very high.
I think the new update actually improves this, since you can now switch off the genes you don't want to start with.
But I understand the problem, thanks for reporting.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Philo said:

Pretty sure this is the same on the main branch ^^
With starter animals it basically just takes all the genes for each slot and picks one randomly I think (except for some rare genes).
So since there are only very few hindleg genes, chances to get webbed hindlegs are very high.
I think the new update actually improves this, since you can now switch off the genes you don't want to start with.
But I understand the problem, thanks for reporting.

In the main branch, with the sandbox starters I never got anything other than swimming tail as a water gene on starters. 

• Like 2

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, Philo said:

Hey folks
We added Webbed Paw to the forbidden genes now, so your starters won't have them unless you remove them from the forbidden list ^^

WOOT! Thank you for doing this Philo! We’re all so grateful for your developer talent!

12 hours ago, Philo said:

Hey folks

Thank you!

Have you seen my suggestion for giving +1 collecting to webbed paw too? I don’t know why anyone would be against it and it sounds like a simple fix ^^

• Like 1