Stray Fawn Community

Bird Hindlegs

EmberSky

Since there's currently only 3 types of hind legs, I thought one that matches up with winged nichlings would work. The gene would give them 4+ attack since a predatory bird's talons are pretty powerful. I might put up a drawing on what it might look like later.

• Like 13

On Friday, June 22, 2018 at 3:28 PM, Skysplash8 said:

I suggest:

If creature doesn't have double wings:

+1 Speed

+1 Attack

+1 Swimming (Maybe not, idk)

If creature has double wings:

+2 Fishing

+2 Attack

In this way, it acts just like Bearyena Hindlegs on a land creature, but if they have double Wings, then it's a lot better! :D

Not sure why this was down voted, I think this would work perfectly xD

On 6/22/2018 at 5:06 AM, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

maybe instead of strength, it has something called seize, and this has a 25% or 50% chance to cause stun on the target when the fly and attack is used

bird talons

1 speed

1 swimming'

seize(25% or 50% chance to stun target for a day when fly and attack is used)

2 fishing with two wings maybe

2 seizing strength(fly and attack damage) with 2 wings maybe

edit: thanks lilytuft, I repurposed this from owlparrot genes and why has noone came up with this? I mean talons are not just meant to inflict damage, they are meant to SEIZE and grab prey to prevent them from escaping the bird's grasp, for example, if your nicheling isn't strong enough to kill a walrus deer easily, then your nicheling can stun it and kill it when it is unable to escape or fight back, or it can be used against particularily powerful predators like for example apes to disable them for a bit

I imagine talons as the sleeker alternative to bearyena claws, that enable you to disable prey and catch fish, while bearyena hindlegs enable MORE DAMAGE

1 minute ago, Zixvir said:

the stats should be: 4+attack(when swooping) +1 speed and +2 fishing(when swooping)

this way it wouldn't be overpowered. 

combine these two but take away the

2 fishing with two wings maybe

1 swimming

this way it wouldn't be overpowered. 

so basically add: 4+attack(when swooping) +1 speed and +2 fishing(when swooping)  seize(25% or 50% chance to stun target for a day when fly and attack is used)  2 seizing strength(fly and attack damage) with 2 wings. add this to the post

On 8/2/2019 at 10:45 AM, Mulan the Cat said:

So it has to give +1 swimming (all hindlegs do). Instead of speed it could give +1 flying (since raptors fly pretty far) and that'd make sure the creature could move. To give it both fishing and strength there'd have to be a counter balance. Like -1 collecting and digging because raptors don't eat worms, roots or berries. 

So:

+1 Swimming

+1 Flying

+1 or 2 Strength

+1 or 2 Fishing

-1 berry collecting and digging

Why raptors?

On 5/8/2018 at 8:30 AM, Fortuna said:

I think that'd be a little too much. Especially since that'd totally negate the Bearyena hind legs which are only +1 to speed, strength and swimming.

I think having no speed and swimming on them would be best, since they're ideally meant to compliment winged creatures. Just the strength and fishing.

oh god, we are going to get bob the crippled horny males coming to life again

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So it has to give +1 swimming (all hindlegs do). Instead of speed it could give +1 flying (since raptors fly pretty far) and that'd make sure the creature could move. To give it both fishing and strength there'd have to be a counter balance. Like -1 collecting and digging because raptors don't eat worms, roots or berries. 

So:

+1 Swimming

+1 Flying

+1 or 2 Strength

+1 or 2 Fishing

-1 berry collecting and digging

Edited by Kilter_Cat