Stray Fawn Community

Who here’s online? At night..?

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Silver here, and I’m in a pitch black room right now, can’t get any sleep, not sure what else to do, so I want some friends to talk to at least, this whole preparing for a vacation thing can’t get any worse....

Guest SilverTheNicheling
Just now, randomspacecat said:

It's 11 am in the morning here. Don't have school on Wednesdays

I never have school anymore it seems, thanks for stoppin by for a bit!

Guest SilverTheNicheling

I’m also gonna be drawing a sketch I made over on digital, so I’ll reply if as soon as I can.

Guest SilverTheNicheling
7 minutes ago, randomspacecat said:

Do you want to talk? About the vacation or something else on your mind.

I do actually, my family are planning a trip over to Southern California, down in Anaheim, and straight to the Disneyland parks, they’re opening a new Star Wars themed park there called “Galaxy’s Edge” and my Dad, being the BIGGEST fan of it(not particularly me, but I do enjoy the movies with him often times), wanted to make reservations ASAP, so we’re scheduled to leave on the 6th at 6 PM my time, we’re staying at a hotel inside of the parks for three days, it’s bad enough we can’t rent a car.. I really wanna go to that pizza place that my dad took me and my family at, it was really good.. but anyhow, so.. yeah.. if I can’t get the proper early bird sleep I need, I’m dead, I’m staying at home and not having any fun.. with my family.... yeah it’s nice to be alone when they’re out on minor occasions, but going out of state on a plane ride over to DISNEYLAND? HELL YEAH I WANNA GO! I’ve been a depressed piece of trash lately, that it’s time I went out and spent some time in the hot sun!! (And afterwards in the somewhat colder weather down in Florida sometime in December for two weeks).

Guest SilverTheNicheling
4 minutes ago, randomspacecat said:

What do you usually do to sleep? What usually messes with your schedule?

Sometimes I go be an idiot and be on my IPad, usually it’s for work and stuff, then sometimes it’s just to watch YouTube and relax.. but then my brain doesn’t produce much melatonin that I need, so that usually messes up my schedule...

but.. I’m trying to learn from my ways now, and I’m trying to sleep as much as I can, couple days ago I woke up out of nowhere from an itchy toe, and it turns out it was 11 freakin Pm when I woke up that night, completely ruining my sleep process... so yeah, and when I wake up, I usually try to get back to sleep, and then my brain starts to get all active all of the sudden and uh.. yeah that’s when I can’t sleep anymore.. I dunno, feel like an idiot, I just really hate sleep I guess.

ooorrr... maybe I just hate my bed, wish I had a new one, or at least a new mattress...

I can only share some personal experience with Insomnia. Sleeping location can make a lot of difference. I always sleep better at my place than my parent's, and worse there with the bed faced a certain way. It's probably light and some instinctual safety- thing. 

Not sure what meditation might do for you. Not some official lotus position stuff, but your own brand, more or less. That can usually replace 4 hours, or you can will yourself to sleep. Under normal circumstances, anyway. Anxiety is the devil. There's also summoning emotions if your distraction includes self-soothing at the time. Haven't found anything yet for an understimulated brain, locked in hyperfocus on some issue... 

If you're actually stuck in half-sleep, that can have you wake up from sensory evils. I usually put on music, walk around and try to reset falling.asleep. exe. That might make it worse for you, though. 

• Like 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
4 minutes ago, randomspacecat said:

I can only share some personal experience with Insomnia. Sleeping location can make a lot of difference. I always sleep better at my place than my parent's, and worse there with the bed faced a certain way. It's probably light and some instinctual savety- thing. 

Not sure what meditation might do for you. Not some official lotus position stuff, but your own brand, more or less. That can usually replace 4 hours, or you can will yourself to sleep. Under normal circumstances, anyway. Anxiety is the devil. There's also summoning emotions if your distraction includes self-soothing at the time. Haven't found anything yet for an understimulated brain, locked in hyperfocus on some issue... 

If you're actually stuck in half-sleep, that can have you wake up from sensory evils. I usually put on music, walk around and try to reset falling.asleep. exe. That might make it worse for you, though. 

Well thanks for sharing, I might just consider trying some meditation of my own, maybe doing it with my mom might help as well.

Might as well say screw it.. ima try and settle down and at least get some sleep for a bit, it’s only 2:30 AM, and at least some rest before my alarm going off at 4 AM will help, it’s soothing my active mind that counts.

19 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

dude...
I'm only here on Saturday and Friday nights.

otherwise somehow someone will find out I've been up late at night and will "shame" me for it

I can't wait until my sister moves out

(Please do not join the cult when you can avoid it :(. Life is much better when you stick to the same routine)

1 hour ago, magnolia said:

If possible (is it possible? Not for me!) try keeping your phone/computer off before bedtime, or at least put it on the nighttime settings. I read that the glowing screens can be a factor of insomnia

The blue light causes eye-strain + insomnia

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aetherskye said:

That's actually a myth. About the eye strain. Take the grain of salt below with a grain of salt and all that...

https://www.quora.com/If-blue-light-on-smartphones-causes-macular-degeneration-shouldnt-it-be-illegal/answer/Bill-Otto-5?ch=99&share=6c51ea31&srid=hDRn2

Unless you're a secretly a plant, it shouldn't do much 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aetherskye said:

Oh, good thing I have my glasses then! (I wear a pair of glasses that deflects blue light so it doesn’t hurt my eyes. Without my glasses I’d be blind :))

Some people are sensitive to different triggers, though. E.g. I know someone who can't sleep for hours after video games. Blue light/Light does play a part in setting your sleeping schedule. If you have a bad habit of reading in the dark and even using a lot of bright light when it's dark can mess with it. Some people can't get good sleep without blackout curtains. Spacecat can be dosed with an absurd amount of Melatonin and won't react. There's also the freak that is my grandfather, who can sleep anywhere, at any time, with an in-built alarm clock. I'm not jealous, you're jealous

(I'm really sorry if that's too much rambling. Haven't slept in two days and start to malfunction at that point) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, randomspacecat said:

Some people are sensitive to different triggers, though. E.g. I know someone who can't sleep for hours after video games. Blue light/Light does play a part in setting your sleeping schedule. If you have a bad habit of reading in the dark and even using a lot of bright light when it's dark can mess with it. Some people can't get good sleep without blackout curtains. Spacecat can be dosed with an absurd amount of Melatonin and won't react. There's also the freak that is my grandfather, who can sleep anywhere, at any time, with an in-built alarm clock. I'm not jealous, you're jealous

(I'm really sorry if that's too much rambling. Haven't slept in two days and start to malfunction at that point) 

Grandfathers are like that, don't feel bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
2 hours ago, Aetherskye said:

Grandfathers are like that, don't feel bad.

My grandpa was, I kinda miss him now...

And how ironic! Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my grandfather’s passing..