Stray Fawn Community

Locking dominant genes

Jojo

Okay so this is for when you are creating your starters and you have a rough idea of what you want them to look like but you don't care much about their recessive genes or want their recessive genes to be randomized but not their dominant genes. So when you choose a gene let's say the Nicheling is supposed to have big body you can right click on it and have the option to lock it in, which will make it dominant and the recessive gene (if you leave it open) will be randomized from all the genes that are less dominant than the gene you choose.

This does not change the gene domincance. Big body will still be less dominant than medium body, this simply makes sure that the other gene randomized will always be a gene that is less dominant like toxic body.

I think this would be useful for blind gene challenges and make the customization a lot easier. At least for me.

• Like 4
  • Paw up 2

7 replies to this post

On 4/1/2020 at 4:29 PM, Zixvir said:

the post is confusing so is it, one gene shows and the other gives the stats?

I don't think so. I think it's:

When you are making a nicheling in the sandbox settings you can 'lock' the dominate genes so that if you leave the other to be randomized, it will always be recessive. 

For example:

if you give a nicheling ram horns in the sandbox settings and 'lock' it and leave the other gene random, that random gene will never be no horns.

7 hours ago, The elf pup & cat dino said:

would be nice, cause its annoying when you want one gene to show and the other to be inactive, but it keeps showing it the other way around.

Oh yeah, that is super annoying. Makes the creation so much more complicated

On 6/5/2019 at 6:31 AM, Lisa The Wolf said:

would be nice, cause its annoying when you want one gene to show and the other to be inactive, but it keeps showing it the other way around.

yeah that sucks