Stray Fawn Community

Niche on Switch? What needs to be fixed?

Philo

Hey folks

We're considering (nothing is certain yet, so please don't be too happy before we know for sure!) to port Niche to Switch.
For that we'd like to be reminded of the worst bugs / problems Niche currently has, so we could maybe fix some of them in time for a potential console port. Please post the bugs/problems that annoy you the most here. Please only report things that are still a problem in version 1.1.10 (currently on the tester branch) and upvote suggestions you agree with. Thanks ^_^ 

• Love 7

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Lately I haven’t noticed any bugs, Rogue males and wanderers seem to be functioning as normal, and if anything.. I would absolutely LOVE!!! To see Niche on the Nintendo Switch!! I have Cattails and I can take it anywhere I want with an easy grab of the handheld hybrid! So YES me and other Niche owners who have a Switch NEED THIS!

and a possible suggestion.. could it be possible to transfer save files to the other game as well? Because I have a story mode save right now that I’ve been working my butt off to complete lately, and I don’t want to start over and earn all of the mutations again, so possibly there could be some kind of account system you could add? It will be linked to our forum accounts, and we could all sign in to do file transfers! Now wouldn’t that be neat?

Edit: Actually.. if I remember correctly, I’ve noticed some wanderers not fleeing whenever I attacked them, I’m not sure why.. maybe I should make a bug report of that?

Edited by SilverTheNicheling
Just remembered something..

Guest SilverTheNicheling
6 minutes ago, Philo said:

No idea about save files, we're still doing tests if the game would even run on Switch xD

I have no doubt that it should, I’m not a tech expert, but from what I see that runs on the Switch, then Niche should as well, and I could be wrong for that matter, I don’t know..

Guest SilverTheNicheling
2 minutes ago, Philo said:

@heyitsgeorgie That's why we would need to implement proper controller support first ;)

I think the Switch supports finger tapping, so tapping on your creatures or anything else with an easy tap would be a great idea! :D

Guest SilverTheNicheling
3 minutes ago, Jojo said:

Niche on the switch sounds cool. I'll probably get a switch for the new pokémon so having a few other games to play on it would be great :D

Speaking of Pokémon.. heard of the new legendary Pokémon? I named a new Niche god of mine after one of them.

3 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

Speaking of Pokémon.. heard of the new legendary Pokémon? I named a new Niche god of mine after one of them.

I didn't catch their names only their looks and I love the looks! (The names will be different in german anyway *shrugs* )

Guest SilverTheNicheling
5 minutes ago, Jojo said:

I didn't catch their names only their looks and I love the looks! (The names will be different in german anyway *shrugs* )

Ah, well in English the sword wolf’s name is Zacian(which is what I named my god of war Nicheling after actually!)and the shield wolf’s name is Zamazenta, goodness though it’s gonna be hard getting used to all of these new Pokémon names..

1 hour ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

Ah, well in English the sword wolf’s name is Zacian(which is what I named my god of war Nicheling after actually!)and the shield wolf’s name is Zamazenta, goodness though it’s gonna be hard getting used to all of these new Pokémon names..

Cool. Though after a quick google search it seems that these names stay the same in German as well :D

Guest SilverTheNicheling
2 hours ago, Jojo said:

Cool. Though after a quick google search it seems that these names stay the same in German as well :D

Seems like it for all the legendary Pokémon, maybe cause it’s the fact that their special? Pfft.. I doubt they’re even considered “special” since now every legendary has been given out since Ultra Sun and Moon, except for the mythicals of course..but even those aren’t special because they’re just given as gifts... *breaths* oh god... I’m at the airport right now... and it’s ANXIETY HELL! AHHH!

8 hours ago, Renio2490 said:

Out of all the Pokémon games, the ONLY one I have is Pokémon Moon. That's it.

My condolences. Sun and Moon are the worst Pokémon games out there in my opinion (personally my favourite is Platin, followed by Sapphire (the old one and the new one))

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 4:11 PM, Jojo said:

My condolences. Sun and Moon are the worst Pokémon games out there in my opinion (personally my favourite is Platin, followed by Sapphire (the old one and the new one))

I have Y and Ultra Sun. I've completed Y (man I want to do the Looker quests again, Looker is my favorite character now) but not Ultra Sun. I love pretty much every single pokemon from gen 6 :D

anyways as much as I want a Switch it's unlikely that it'll happen considering how expensive it is. but if I had a Switch, then I'd love having Niche on it! 

Guest SilverTheNicheling
On 6/6/2019 at 2:11 PM, Jojo said:

God I LOVED Platinum! I haven’t played Sapphire.. but I now own its sister game “Emerald”, but one of my BIGGEST favorites in the franchise has to be Pokémon White version! Not only is it my first game in the series, but it is an absolute beauty to look at! The story is nice, so is the awesome music, and I can’t forget all of the great characters too! But yeah.. those are just my opinions too of course :D

20 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

God I LOVED Platinum! I haven’t played Sapphire.. but I now own its sister game “Emerald”, but one of my BIGGEST favorites in the franchise has to be Pokémon White version! Not only is it my first game in the series, but it is an absolute beauty to look at! The story is nice, so is the awesome music, and I can’t forget all of the great characters too! But yeah.. those are just my opinions too of course :D

I somehow never really got into Black/ White. I have them at home but I never got very far though I am planning on replaying all of the ones I have :D

Guest SilverTheNicheling
56 minutes ago, Jojo said:

I somehow never really got into Black/ White. I have them at home but I never got very far though I am planning on replaying all of the ones I have :D

You should play Black or White! They’re a lot of fun! Though I don’t expect your opinions about it to match mine, all I’m saying is that you should give em a try and see how they work out, usually the older Pokémon games are more fun because they’re a lot harder, unlike Gen 6-8 that are trying new things to make the game maybe a little bit easier.. I dunno, I just prefer the old systems I guess, they bring me lots of nostalgia too.

Though you can try Nuzlocke challenges to make the game even harder, I just kinda see it as like AHVHC from Niche, so don’t expect yourself to win that challenge..

13 hours ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

You should play Black or White! They’re a lot of fun! Though I don’t expect your opinions about it to match mine, all I’m saying is that you should give em a try and see how they work out, usually the older Pokémon games are more fun because they’re a lot harder, unlike Gen 6-8 that are trying new things to make the game maybe a little bit easier.. I dunno, I just prefer the old systems I guess, they bring me lots of nostalgia too.

Though you can try Nuzlocke challenges to make the game even harder, I just kinda see it as like AHVHC from Niche, so don’t expect yourself to win that challenge..

Yeah, the old sapphire was pretty hard, which was kinda fun. The new games tend to be a little bit to easy, I agree. Especially with the figthing castle in Y and X or whatever it was called. I just spend all my time there and beat every arena with ease. While in the older games you still had to work hard.

• 9 months later...

Please release on Switch! My daughter is 13 and loves this game though she has never played. She watches videos on YouTube. Since hearing this rumor, she has been reminding me everyday to check if it’s available 

• Like 2