Stray Fawn Community

New members

Hi

I'll go ahead and start :D
My name is Philomena. I was born and raised in Zurich, Switzerland.
I still live there and run a game studio together with @Micha @Markus and @Roger.
In my freetime I love to read books and Manga. Every Monday I'm going to a Japanese class with Micha and Markus. I want to read japanese Mangas at some point!
I used to have pets, but right now I have none. We travel around a lot and I don't want to leave them alone too much. It's hard to fight down my urge to get a Shiba Inu though >_<
In summer I love to go swimming and in winter I'm a huge couch potato. Then, I love to watch series such as Steven Universe, MLP, animes, etc etc.

How about you guys?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not ~technically~ a new member, but I'll post here anyways!

My name is Dodo (keeping my actual name private for safety reasons) and I was born in Oregon, United States. I still reside there with not many plans to move, but I have strongly considered moving to Sweden, so that may happen later down the line. (the process is long and tedious)

I enjoy drawing (I'm a semi professional digital artist) and working with reptiles. I have always been passionate about reptilian species, so I dedicate a lot of time into studying and caring for them. I enjoy watching anime and shows about tattoos and artsy stuff. Basically I'm just a dude with lots of scaly critters and art hanging on the walls lol.

• Like 1

Hi everyone.

I'm Markus and I work at Stray Fawn Studio as a Technical Artist / Animator / Artist / Game Designer / ... and everything else they let me work on :)

My hobbies are drawing, animation (I absolutely adore high-quality hand-drawn animation) and comics. I'm also interested in photography, Machine Learning / AI and I learn Japanese together with @Philo and @Micha.

I also like Full Metal Alchemist (original and brotherhood, as well as the manga) @DangerousDodo. I have probably seen almost all live-action Death Note adaptions there are as well as read the Manga, but I haven't seen the Anime xD 

As what my favorite animes are: The list of animes I like are too long to mention here and the ones @Philo posted are definitely high on my list. Some animes which are not only my favorites but also very important to me:

• The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, 2006 (Movie)
  • 5 Centimeters per Second, 2007 (Movie)
  • The Tower of Druaga, 2008 (Series)
  • Dennou Coil, 2007 (Series)
  • Angel Beats!, 2010 (Series)

Maybe we need a Anime / Manga thread in this forum so we can nerd-out together :)

• Like 1

Hello there !

My name's Adrien, I'm a student in IT in France, and also a Closed Alpha player of Nimbatus. I'd like to be working in the video games industry later and I got a personal project going on to teach myself how to create games using Unity. 

I discovered Nimbatus a while ago (I would say early november of 2017 ?) and I immediately like the idea, tried the demo, posted a bit on the Discord/Forum at the time and sadly I had to be less active for a while (family time, classes, etc.), but now I'm back and I'll try to be as helpful as I can. It's my first time taking part in an Alpha Launch so I have to say I'm pretty excited !

I saw you guys like anime/manga and it's my case aswell ! Full Metal Alchemist is probably the one I like the most (only read the manga, I have to start the anime), I watched 3 times Hunter X Hunter (the 2011 version), I read Death Note multiples times too (never watched it though, I heard bad things about the adaptations haha) and I'm currently watching the season 2 of Seven Deadly Sins (Nanatsu no Taizai in Japanese). I'd like to learn it (maybe you could help me :p), Japan's one of my favorite country and I plan to go there this summer for about 10 days ! I would say cinema is quite a hobby too, I watch a lot of fantasy heroic kind of movies, super heroes, science fiction and all that stuff. I would say the animation movies from Studios Ghibli are my favorites by far, and LOTR Saga, as well as Harry Potter and Star Wars Prequels hold a good position if I had to make a list.

That's pretty much what I would say about me, but if you want to know more don't hesitate to ask me, I'm always glad to talk !

• Like 3

Welcome @Sylennus. Hunter x Hunter is one of my favorites as well xD also watched 2011 2 times and the original once. Read the whole manga about 2 times and even collected all the mangas 2 times :D yes, I'm a bit of a fanboy.

It's interesting that so many people here have similar interests (be it the stories or topics like nature). It's a please to make games for you all :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Markus ! It is interesting indeed, I guess some hobbies tend to appeal to the same kind tastes overall if it makes sense ? 

I only read the first manga of HxH, but that's what pushed me to watch the anime ! I'm quite sad it won't have a follow up due to the author health issues but it's still very good, even with around 150 episodes. Series which are too long are boring me fast usually but I would watch this one a 4th time without a doubt haha

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

I'm Taiko (as I'm called in many places on the web). I'm a Software Engineer originally from Southern California (US), but I've lived in Washington State (US) for over 10 years and love it here.

My favorite game currently is "Factorio". When I heard about Nimbatus originally in November I was immediately taken by the range of challenges and building and look forward to helping test the game. (btw I'm a Close Alpha Tester)

• Like 1

Hello to all the new and old people here,

since the awesome Niche Team made me a mod here as well, I thought I might as well introduce myself. My name is Jojo or Jojo of Faraway (yes that is a Shrek reference). I am currently studying comparative literature, german language and skandinavian studies and want to become an author one day (fantasy or science fiction). As you might have noticed I am a huge Niche Fan, the only game in my steam library that has more hours than Niche is Skyrim and they only differ by 10 hours currently. I am pretty sure it will skyrocket with the wing update though ^^

I love horses, dogs, wolves, really all kind of animals. My favourite book series is Warriors (or Warrior Cats). I am a huge Marvel fan (going to see Infinity War tomorrow). I also love the TV series Lucifer and Castle.

That's all I can think of right now :D

• Like 4

Well, I'm new to this forum so I guess I'll introduce myself xD

I'm commonly called Flamingo by my friends so feel free to call me that, I'm a girl, I was born in Louisiana but I have lived in Texas for most of my life. I am a big Niche fan and have been playing since some of the earliest versions (the version with just one island, but I don't remember it's number :p) I own a group for Niche called Niche Challenges, which I started a few months after I bought Niche. My steam profile is flamingogyrl~ (link in my about section). I am a huge fan of Warriors (Warrior Cats), it is by far my favorite book/book series.

That's basically it, so ya.

I'm also bad at closing off or ending stuff.

• Like 1

HI long time fan of niche I'm having some problems, I bought the game a very long time ago on one of the previews and have keep the game up to date if I bought it during one of the previews do I have the full game now or do I have to buy it again and also my game wont allow me to load any thing it lets me click on a save file and press play but when I get to the blue loading screen it just says loading no foot prints appear and it never loads

Hello everyone,

I'm LuneLapin. I'm student and hobby artist from germany and niche fan. I playing the game since the release. I'm currently testing the release preview, so 1.1.0 and have found some bugs that I want to share with you. :D 

And by the way, my english is not so good... ^^° 

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

My name is Paola. I live in northern Indiana. I work in retail (3rd shift). Most of my time is spent with my little boy; who is very energetic. I love playing video games in my free time (which isn't much). 

• Like 1

Hi!

I am from the United Kingdom and I am going on to do a master's degree in medieval studies. My primary interests are nature, history, art, and writing fiction. I used to be obsessed with anime and manga back in my teens and I want to get back into it these days :D

I've been playing Niche since early access and have clocked well over 200 hours in it. I'm totally addicted! It's such a relaxing and open ended game. Very easy to make your own stories and lore.

• Like 1

Hello! 

My name is Kallie, and I’m a huge shutter bug. I live in West Virgina and I enjoy reading and playing games (although I only have Niche available to play constantly) my favorite PS game is the last of us and I’m so excited for the last of us 2

• Like 1

Hi I'm Daniel 
I love video game like cross out and from the depths 
I love trash shonen anime and shit romance anime
I live in North Carolina in the USA
I work in a hospital and work as a tec boy  

• Like 1

Welcome @LuneLapin @paopao9511 @AMEcco @Kaliperki02 and @axelord105
Nice to have you with us ^^

Danke für die Bug Reports @LuneLapin! Wir sind übrigens aus der Schweiz 🇨🇭

What video plays do you play if you ever have the time @paopao9511 :)?

Wow, that sounds like a very interesting field of studies @AMEcco!
You just totally post it here too. Also wow for the over 200 hours :D

I have never played The Last Of Us. Seems like I totally should. You're like the 5th person who tells me this is their favorite game @Kaliperki02 :D

@Micha watched a video about From The Depths yesterday. Did you watch the let's plays of a Youtuber called Lathrix by chance @axelord105?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Philo said:

@Micha watched a video about From The Depths yesterday. Did you watch the let's plays of a Youtuber called Lathrix by chance @axelord105?

Ye I love lathrix he is the way I found about Nimbatus, i love the game from the demo i have played 
and i love complex building games 

• Like 2