Stray Fawn Community

Questions About Niche Wildlife

So some of the wildlife in Niche appears to be a mix between two creatures (Rabbils, Dodomingos, Bearyenas) and so I had a few questions about that. 

1. Why are some creatures mixtures?

2. What are the flamingo aspects of Dodomingos?

3. Are Crabbits, Razoranhas, and/or Bluebirds apart of this group? And if so, of what?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond!

Edited by Pokestardragacraft
  • Like 1

1. Pretty much all creatures are mixtures. We wanted to create interesting creatures that combine characteristics and behaviours of two species.
I think it worked out for some of the wild life, but not all of it.

2. The first draft was pink, but we changed it later. I agree that there is not much flamingo left in that design ^^''

3.Crabbits are Crabs and Rabbits (they have small ears, but you can't see them very well.)
Blue Birds are a mixture between a parrot and an eagle. We should probably call them Pagles or something ;)

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 17.4.2018 at 4:29 PM, Pokestardragacraft said:

Oh cool! Thanks for the info! I think it’d be really nice to bring some pink back into the dodomingo lol

Male dodomingos could be pink! Because aren't all curren't dodomingos females, since they steal nests?

5 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

Male dodomingos could be pink! Because aren't all curren't dodomingos females, since they steal nests?

Yea, actually I am working on a couple of male dodomingo concepts that include some pink :)

I love how the creatures are mixtures. I noticed it, but never really focused on it. Somehow I'm just coming to the realization that a rabbil is a mix between a rabbit (obviously) and a gerbil. Don't know why it took me so long to figure out its other half.

• Like 1

Don't forget Ramfoxes! and walrusdeer of course
ram and foxes combined together actually make a pretty cute creature

also its taken me so long to figure out what the other half of the bearyena is!
its a bear/hyena, right?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cinnacat said:

walrusdeer are preeeetty majestic
just look at that face
image.png.30e9dae95320cdf46af518fecd085293.png hello there

i most definitely like the ramfox!

I miss being able to name them. I remember from my first snow tribe, how much fun it was to keep track of them

4 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

I miss being able to name them. I remember from my first snow tribe, how much fun it was to keep track of them

same! and being able to name bearyenas and everything
i think they should add that back in, (and change the naming feature back to where you can just click it rather than go in the family tree)
sometimes i subconsciously click the name in the bottom left because i forgot they changed it

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

@cinnacatYep

To all people:

My faw animal in niche is walrusdeer

Tell your favourites!

Rabbils. Mainly because they were the only other critter apart from the bearyenas in the game at first :)

I really like the foxes but think it opens an option for red pandas, just color the fox red with lines on the tail. Red pandas are endangered, and it would be cool if the WWF sponsored the game for bringing awareness, just an idea. Bamboo island or plants  

red.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1