Stray Fawn Community

More customization options for sandbox mode

Philo

I think it would be great to have more settings for the sandbox mode.
For example toggle buttons for all predator types (want to remove rogue males? Just switch them off).
Maybe we could also define stuff like "Maximal tribe size" to add some extra challenge or "Maxium age of animals" so our critters can live longer. Or maybe even some special rules like "Only one male allowed in the pack" or "Tribe can only eat meat".

• Like 32

This could also come with the option to change existing creatures, like increasing the speed, damage and lifespan of balance bears an changing their primary colors and the islands where they live, and you could apply those changes to a specific save file

maybe we could also change how each gene will affect the nichelings skills. so if you think a gene is under or over powered you can change it. or if you want to make some really strange game play you can make fur color all that matters and everything else is just cosmetic XD. but of course you couldn't get most of the achievements this way. im no programmer or anything but i don't think it would be hard to implement.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, thivid08 said:

I think it would also be great if we could customize the predators and prey, we could change their stats, and we could change their main colors, we could also have the option to create a new creature from an existing one, for example, I choose to create a new creature, use the balance bear as a base, make it black, extend its claws a bit, give it better stats and make it spawn in jungle islands, or I could make a bluebird larger, red and make it able to take away adults!

Good idea, might just be a little to much/ to complicated to implement though (I have no idea how complicated it actually is but it could imagine it to be ^^ )

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snowy Owl said:

i hope this one wins, i want it so bad 

There is no competition! This has been the most popular suggestion for a long time

• Like 2

Letting Nichelings live longer would also help role play! Or just people making amazing Ocs and what not out of the little Nichelings. For example you could decide oh this gal looks like she has her stuff together she isn't sickly.. let's let her have a long life, or if a nicheling saved someone but took tons of damage you could also decide to either have them die in the process or give them a longer lifespan than usual to kind of reward them? Also being able to choose the amount of food eten in a day would be fun because you could literally do a little feast or reward a Nicheling! 

For most of these to happen though, I'm guessing if you were to edit life spawn in niche sandbox mode than it would have to effect everyone.. but if it didn't have to and was able to be edited that would be fabulous! :D 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, PopsicleNinja said:

To make up for all of this, healing plants would spawn slightly more frequently.

MORE frequently?! One of my tribes is currently on an island with 8 Healing Fruits so far---they haven't even explored the whole island yet! xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

MORE frequently?! One of my tribes is currently on an island with 8 Healing Fruits so far---they haven't even explored the whole island yet! xD

Really? In my experience, healing plants are way rarer than that. I typically never explore the entire island, I just go in a path from one port to the next, and I usually see 1-3 healing plants on any given island (depending on biome, of course).

• Like 1