Stray Fawn Community

College Majors / Fields of interest

DangerousDodo

Hello all!

What are you going to college for / what topics interest you?

Personally, I'm working towards a Bachelor's degree in nursing. It took me a while to settle on a major because I have many interests, particularly in the sciences.

Biology, more specifically genetics, is my favorite field of study. I am going to be breeding leopard geckos, ball pythons, and a few other species of reptiles on the side so I can explore this aspect of biology closely. It's baffling how many different phenotypes can be produced from these animals, since a lot of mutations affecting color have been discovered so far. I've always loved animals and the reasoning behind their traits.

In short, science is super cool and I thoroughly enjoy it.

• Like 4

I studied game design (Bachelor and Master).
But it was very hard for me too choose between game design and biology.
So I made a deal with myself to make a biology game as my final thesis for my game design studies.
And that's how Niche was born ^^ 

• Like 7

Im working on getting a Bachelor in Vet Tech or Vetionary Science.

I am going into the collage this Aguest. I cant wait to get there either!

I have way more knowledge on animals than the average person because i would go into the vet clinic when i was little and watched my mother work on animals ive even seen surgrys done on animals when i was only 2 years old. So i love animals since ive been raised around them my entire life. I am able to calm down animals easily and i am able to tell how the animal is feeling easily.

• Like 2

@philo

Oooo what a cool story! I absolutely adore Niche, you and the team have done a fantastic job!

@sorathegoddessoflight

Oh sweet! Veterinary science is really interesting, I hope you go far with it! :) That's cool that you have such a close relationship with animals. Good luck in college!!

Edited by DangerousDodo
  • Like 1

I am currently studying comparitive literature, with some skandinavian studies and german language thrown in there as well though I want to become an author. I also had some trouble deciding what exactly I wanted to study (Biology or something with languages) the fact that I need some math to do biology then made me settle on languages though I am still kind of thinking about maybe switching to biology ^^

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently in the last year of my two year degree in Wildlife, forestry, and fisheries! I was originally an arts major but did not enjoy it as much until i discovered my college had a wildlife program! I'm not quite sure if i'll go on to a 4 year university or what I will do after I graduate this year ,but I am excited for the future!

• Like 3

I wanted to study Biology but I had to move to a very expensive city (Madrid) and ended up studying Environmental Sciencies (I'm also loving this degree!). Right now I'm in my third year of Collegue (if everything goes well I'll end next year!) and then I'll fulfill my dream of specializing in Zoology, which has always been my goal. I really want to work breeding endangered fauna in captivity to reintroduce them and helping the endangered species in the wild^^

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I was an Education major. I have an Associates in Early Childhood Care and Education. I love kids, they are easy to understand. Regular people are hard. Hoping to go back for my Bachelors someday, but current financial status is "Do I want gas in my car or groceries in my fridge?". 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...