Stray Fawn Community

A Mated "marriage" Nichling

Meigui

Hi! yay, Love this game.

so I have been thinking about it for a while now, watching people play the game and playing the game myself.

There is this, ever so slight, annoying thing that occurs. Remembering characters names is one, and the other is, who am I limiting myself to breed to. This also ties into another problem. As your speeding around your biome, having everyone doing their various tasks, once in a while. as I hover over the "..." and I prepare to, remove grass, leaches, crack a nut, dig a root, or in general, do something on a space that one Nicheling is on with another Nicheling. I occasionally accidentally hit that heart icon instead. That brief moment of cold sweet washes over me as I realize that the resulting baby might be double immunity as I quickly check their genes. I begin the rush of moving the mother far away to a nest away from the tribe. Usually resulting in the sad eventual sick baby that I must leave behind. It occurs to me that if only there had been a way to prevent this accidental twitching click of mine.

So I Thought it over, watching the Jessimew videos (It's how I've been learning to play), hearing her referring to mates. I realized then, that it would be an amazing option too actually have a setting in your Nichelings profiles to designate a specific mate if you want one. This way. If your like me, with a trigger finger twitch, even if you hit that dreadful heart, if your accident female or even male already has a specified mate, instead of mating you get a failed breeding message, the reason being, "this female/male is already mated and has rejected you, better luck next time" or something like that.

This will only stop you/me from accidentally breeding to a female or male that has a chosen mate I specified. All other aspects of the game would remain the same. And when a mate dies or is on another island, they will automatically drop from the mated menu.

I have no art for preview as to how it should look, but this is my idea, Hope you guys like it and think it might work.

• Like 15

23 replies to this post

Okay, so, here's a question. How would this work exactly? Like, would you do it by clicking on another nicheling like with an interaction? Or family tree crap? And what if you found a better mate?
Here's a possibility on how it could work;
A is female
B is male
A is your best female and B is your best male. You can make them a mating pair by clicking a button that has two hearts. It will then say. "A has become permenately mated to B until further notice." Or something. You can unmate them by clicking a broken heart button. These won't take up actions points.

• Like 1

We should also have an ability to set up a "Tribe Behavior" whether there is a "Monogamy" (One Male and One Female for each other (I usually have monogamy couples in my tribe)),  "Polygamy"  (Just like in many wild animals species, behavior where there are one male and multiple females).

This would be so helpful, I end up having a complex gem coloring system to identify mates and then trying to keep them together limits the amount of space I move them so I don't breed them with someone else.

Would this interfere with rouge males and friendly barina's mating? Sometimes I end up having one or two niches follow a friendly barina around and having nichelings with them. I usally consider it their mate until one of the two dies or I loose track of it because the barina moves around too much.

6 hours ago, Aysling said:

Excellent idea!  Would attempting to mate use up an action point if the nicheling is rejected?

I would say yes. You still performed an action. Even if it was a mistake. Just like when breeding fails even between pairs you did want to breed

On 6/26/2018 at 11:10 PM, Cami said:

This would be so helpful, I end up having a complex gem coloring system to identify mates and then trying to keep them together limits the amount of space I move them so I don't breed them with someone else.

Would this interfere with rouge males and friendly barina's mating? Sometimes I end up having one or two niches follow a friendly barina around and having nichelings with them. I usally consider it their mate until one of the two dies or I loose track of it because the barina moves around too much.

I don't think it should, it effects you as the player but not the other parts of the game. As for bearyenas. It's not controlled by you so it have to just keep the females you want with him near by.

definitely make it an option for certain nichelings. Sometimes we have harems and survival over genes. 

I agree with Starkwolf on this too.

Maybe you can set two nichelings together in the family tree (by some feature that allows you to click all nichelings who can breed with this one.)

(Also 69th upvoter... oh...)

I would think the mate option would just not be there if the 2 creatures aren't mates

I don't misclick but I do misbreed :P

EXCUSE ME I DID NOT WANT THAT FACE PLEASE LET ME NOT USE IT

anyway

I might accidentally breed a nicheling with their parent is what I mean

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2018 at 4:45 AM, ChasingNyx said:

Okay, so, here's a question. How would this work exactly? Like, would you do it by clicking on another nicheling like with an interaction? Or family tree crap? And what if you found a better mate?
A is female
B is male
A is your best female and B is your best male. You can make them a mating pair by clicking a button that has two hearts. It will then say. "A has become permenately mated to B until further notice." Or something. You can unmate them by clicking a broken heart button. These won't take up actions points.

good idea

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

acutally maybe this would work like niche ling A can only breed with nichelings B and I or D and J and so on

That’s already in the game. It’s called immunity genes, unless you want to have sickness.

other people:

On 7/6/2018 at 4:45 AM, ChasingNyx said:

A is female
B is male

On 11/29/2019 at 5:38 PM, starkwolf said:

It would be great if we could set multiple as well, or just set specific ones not to breed. 

On 11/19/2019 at 8:19 AM, Zixvir said:

acutally maybe this would work like niche ling A can only breed with nichelings B and I or D and J and so on

On 8/20/2019 at 12:17 AM, gaminggingerbread said:

I would think the mate option would just not be there if the 2 creatures aren't mates

I don't misclick but I do misbreed :P

EXCUSE ME I DID NOT WANT THAT FACE PLEASE LET ME NOT USE IT

anyway

I might accidentally breed a nicheling with their parent is what I mean

On 7/6/2018 at 5:52 AM, Tarena said:

We should also have an ability to set up a "Tribe Behavior" whether there is a "Monogamy" (One Male and One Female for each other (I usually have monogamy couples in my tribe)),  "Polygamy"  (Just like in many wild animals species, behavior where there are one male and multiple females).

Japanese melon fawn:

On 11/19/2019 at 8:44 AM, Japanese Melon Fawn said:

That’s already in the game. It’s called immunity genes, unless you want to have sickness.

On 11/20/2019 at 6:02 PM, Japanese Melon Fawn said:

I’ve done that before. Accidentally bred Poseidon with his own daughter.

His daughter was right by the tile of grass he was clearing.

responses:

On 11/20/2019 at 5:49 PM, Zixvir said:

this is for people who misclick😑.

On 4/19/2018 at 5:24 PM, DangerousDodo said:

!! Yes that would be good. I've accidentally mated animals so many times lol

this is how many people dissagree so it sounds like a war but I do not mean it, it is to be taken likely