Stray Fawn Community

Prehensile Tail Gene

Venasai

The Prehensile Tail Gene and Climbing Skill

---

• I've always thought about this gene and I think it would be pretty cool to add to the game ^^!
  • The prehensile tail gene would be a fairly rare gene found primarily in the jungle islands and rarely recessive in other tree baring islands. The tail would come with a new skill, climbing.
  • The climbing genes would allow creatures with the skill to climb trees of different sizes accordingly (I may make another post for climbing limbs etc). An oak tree/acacia could have a climbing requirement of 1, a palm tree 2 and a jungle tree 3. Perhaps genes like the big body could decrease the ability by 1, as it does for flying, because hoisting a massive creature into a tree wouldn't be easy on a thin tail.
  • I imagine it could look like a mix between a medium tail and a fishing tail, being long, curled but also strong, maybe like a jungle vine >o<
  • I think it would add an interesting dynamic where creatures that aren't too strong can climb up trees to escape, much like flying but a bit more limited ^^!

---

Just a suggestion and I thought it'd be cool to get my idea out there, leave any other suggestions below, I'd love to here what you think about it!

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

2 replies to this post

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Interesting! The climbing ability has never been added to the game before, and it would be a nice addition for new species to create! Upvoted!