Stray Fawn Community

Improvement on Spiky Body

Dingorok

I'd like Spiky Body to have an additional ability based on its appearance.

I want Spiky Body to have the ability to pick cacti without losing health since Spiky Body looks hardy and looks like it would be afforded protection against similarly spiky organisms like cacti. 

Thanks for the consideration!

• Like 3

5 replies to this post

How the cacties work currently:
If you have 2 defense you can collect without being harmed. For example if you have armadillo body.
If you have big body (and therefore) 1 defense, you only take 1 damage.
Maybe the solution would be to give Spiky Body defense+?

• Like 6

I think giving Spiky Body +1 defense is a good idea to make it more viable.

One thing I never quite understood is why an armor-plated body protects your paws when you're collecting. Does Armadillo Body not only give the body armour plating, but also tougher, more resilient skin, including paw pads? That would make sense, if that wasn't the case a predator could just bite a leg or the head and there shouldn't logically be any damage reduction.

However, I don't think Spiky Body should give resistance to cactus damage. The spikes are most definitely on the back, like a hedgehog, and not on the paws, which are what comes in contact with the cactus when collecting. It's not like your Nicheling throws themselves at the cactus and does a backward flip to knock off some fruit, right?

That actually sounds really cool, I might have to draw that now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Maybe when a baby nichling is born with the spikey body the spikes could be "soft" and ineffective kind of like how baby hedgehogs and porcupines are born. Maybe after they age a couple of days the spikes will harden and become useful.

• Like 5