Stray Fawn Community

Derpsnout Ears

Dingorok

I also have a 2nd improvement on Derpsnout that I'd like to be considered: I think Derpsnout's ears should aesthetically still be reflective of their ear slot genes.

I can see it going 1 of 3 ways:

1) The small ear can still be round and deformed, but the larger ear should be reflective of whatever ear type they should express as the dominant phenotype. 

OR

2) Both ear SHAPES are reflective of whatever ear type they should express (e.g. both ears are pointy if they have normal or large ears), but one ear is still smaller than the other. I prefer this one. 

OR

3) The small ear is the one that is accurate in shape to whatever ear type they should express as the dominant phenotype, but the larger one is the current oddly formed larger ear of the Derpsnout.

I would have suggested another option, that is, graying out the Derpsnout's ear genes like Spiky Body's tail genes and keeping Derpsnout's current ear structures while adding +3 hearing by default to Derpsnout, but that would negate hearing boons, like if you had +4 hearing from Big Ears.

Derpear.png

• Like 7

7 replies to this post

I think you could also separate the genes and have derpsnout (that could go with any type of ears and they'd look normal) and derpears (the round ones) that maybe would have lesser hearing ability.

• Like 1

I never understood why the Derp snout overwrites the ears only visually. It clearly has no Big Bars so why would a Derp Head have Heat Resistance?

It would make totally sense to either seperate the ears from the Derp Snout or disable the Ears Gene Slot in total ( like the Bat Head does).

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:08 AM, Dr. Nearo said:

Hey, I suggested this last community vote! one thing I was thinking was maybe if you keep the standard ears looking as they are, and long ears can have one lopped over, like a dog or rabbit.

I agree, having the ears looking like they do on other heads but with one lopped over would be a lot better, in my opinion, than keeping the ambiguous ears. If it weren't for those terrible ears I would probably like the derpsnout more.

On 4/27/2018 at 2:08 AM, Dr. Nearo said:

Hey, I suggested this last community vote! one thing I was thinking was maybe if you keep the standard ears looking as they are, and long ears can have one lopped over, like a dog or rabbit.

I like that idea, too. Also, maybe rounded ears could be slightly wider but shorter than the current derpsnout's big ear to still give off a more rounded appearance. 

• Like 1