Stray Fawn Community

The Rogue Male Conspiracy - A Niche Moment

CABINET

So, this is some artwork of a moment from my AHVHC playthrough (which I should probably update :P) Here's an image:

1029263885_RogueMaleConspiracy.PNG.9358e8d84a9e760d5295811154e57f0c.PNG(oui, c'est "le Rouge Rogue" et "le Brun Rogue" :))

So, (quite a while ago I might add :/) I decided to draw it! I decided to experiment with thick, bold lineart and harsh cell shading.

805801059_RogueMaleConspiracy.thumb.png.6c00df9af4dc22e87f8f9991c6be3de3.png

There are a few kinks (the very plain background for start), but overall I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out :). Thoughts? Critiques?

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Le Rouge Rogue Male and Le Brun Rogue Male, absolutely love that.. and I love the art too! Keep up the great work man..

59 minutes ago, Tundracat said:

Thoughts? Critiques?

uhh..

I usually dont draw actual scenes but I guess I could help?

the plain background is fine, just make sure there isn't a lot of empty space, cropping it a bit could help

and its sort of hard to tell whats going on without context, maybe exaggerate the expressions a bit more, and zoom in more on the two instead of the other nichelings

okay im not really good at explaining this, imma just edit the photo (very badly and sloppily but hey, it gets the job done) to show what I mean

sorry if editing the photo comes off as rude   : /

805801059_RogueMaleConspiracy.thumb.png.6c00df9af4dc22e87f8f9991c6be3de3.png.7b28d0aea6981641e806c209b3453703.png

• Paw up 1

Just now, heyitsgeorgie said:

uhh..

the plain background is fine, just make sure there isn't a lot of empty space, cropping it a bit could help

and its sort of hard to tell whats going on without context, maybe exaggerate the expressions a bit more, and zoom in more on the two instead of the other nichelings

okay im not really good at explaining this, imma just edit the photo (very badly and sloppily but hey, it gets the job done) to show what I mean

805801059_RogueMaleConspiracy.thumb.png.6c00df9af4dc22e87f8f9991c6be3de3.png.7b28d0aea6981641e806c209b3453703.png

Hey, thanks for the advice! I'll try and apply it :) (also, the edit looks pretty good!)

• Eek! 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 hour ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

uhh..

Hey! Its not bad! Thank you for addressing this problem! :)

18 hours ago, Ancient Eve's Nose said:

Are we going to talk about the fact they look evil?

I tried to make them look a bit more sinister... (hey, fun fact, sinister can also mean left-handed) Maybe I overdid it a bit X)

Edit: Maybe the Mt. Coronet Peak music that I was listening to was influencing me a bit

'Nother edit: Step by step tutorial on how to make characters look insane + evil:

1. Make pupils small

2. Add a circle of a high-saturation colour around the pupil; red, orange or yellow are ideal, but I feel like lime green or dark purple would work too

3. Profit?

Guest SilverTheNicheling
19 hours ago, Ancient Eve's Nose said:

Are we going to talk about the fact they look evil?

HECK YEEAH!

Guest SilverTheNicheling
19 hours ago, Tundracat said:

Edit: Maybe the Mt. Coronet Peak music that I was listening to was influencing me a bit

Mt. Coronet was absolutely a dream place to go to when I was playing Platinum version.. the snow is harsh and white, so is the mountain.. but it’s where I’ve always wanted to live in! Maybe someday I’ll develop cold resistant genes to help me in the long run! :D