Stray Fawn Community
Sky

Sky's Homethread, where I spam you with stuff you don't care about

I was playing Spore in creature mode and there were these things called Pit Flonks and I made friends with them and one of them joined me and I named him Brad Pitt but the Ograns KILLED HIM

• Sad 4

I befriended a thing called a Krinkut and I've named him Edward

• Eek! 2

my species is called Jello. eheheeheh

• Eek! 2

11 minutes ago, Sky said:

I befriended a thing called a Krinkut and I've named him Edward

Edward died.

• Sad 4

I befriended another Jello. his name is James

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

3 minutes ago, Sky said:

I befriended another Jello. his name is James

James is dead too. JEEZ

• Sad 4

I'm in a Galatic stage spore game and I managed to make it to another save game planet. I couldn't do anything but it was cool.

Edit: I recommend getting a rouge creature on your team, it might be hard but is SO worth it. They basically won't die unless you challenge an epic and they're strong.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I befriended James's daughter Clementine and a Fat Sheep (that's literally what they're called) named Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

• Haha 1
  • Eek! 1

1 minute ago, G00gle Translate said:

I'm in a Galatic stage spore game and I managed to make it to another save game planet. I couldn't do anything but it was cool.

Edit: I recommend getting a rouge creature on your team, it might be hard but is SO worth it. They basically won't die unless you challenge an epic and they're strong.

now that I've got two creatures, i might be able to befriend the one that's been running around and killing all the eyeball children

1 minute ago, Sky said:

now that I've got two creatures, i might be able to befriend the one that's been running around and killing all the eyeball children

I befriended them when I was alone. I think he's still with me on that save.

• Eek! 1

13 minutes ago, G00gle Translate said:

I can't find him (or another rogue) :( 

also Clementine died and I befriended Wolfgang's wife Constanze ;)

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, G00gle Translate said:

woo! I found him (yet again killing the eyeball people, Squinz) and got him! : D

• Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1

now I've got the rogue from before, Eyeballs Are Delish (Delish for short), a new rogue, Eduardo, and a cool regular creature (alpha), Eloise,

• Eek! 2

released Eloise to get another rogue named Robbie. I can go to tribe stage but I don't want to yet.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

tribe stage we go. this is what the Jellonoceroses (AKA Jellos) look like:

20200324195050_1.jpg.c7874fa6727caccaeb74adb1e52ac5e3.jpg

• Eek! 3
  • Love 1

a LOT of random Niche ideas that is at least partially already suggested that I might actually post if you guys think it's a good idea (if something has been suggested before, feel free to link it for me, and I'll link it in the suggestion if I make it) (they are numbered so you can easily comment about them)

little details that give little to no effect on the gameplay

1. little flowers blooming here and there. a tile with one flower on it might grow more flowers of the same type on the same tile, even the surrounding ones. maybe if a tile became full with (edible) flowers, a nicheling could pick all the flowers for some food! If a grazing ability was added, grazers could eat flowers too.
  2. little pebbles
  3. when you break a rock the tile has a bunch of pebbles on it
  4. varying heights of grass
  5. areas (like 5-10 tiles) that are completely regrowing grass
  6. bush variants—same species, but different shapes and sizes, maybe even different berry counts (one might have a berry less than normal, another might have a berry more)
  7. on that topic, different tree shapes, too
  8. and rock shapes!
  9. dead grass under destroyed rocks
  10. if a nicheling gets attacked it will have visible injuries, with a slight amount of blood if they're bleeding (a tinesy bit more if they have hemophilia; none of this would be too gore-y, we don't want to scare the children); some wounds turn into scars, especially if they caused a lot of damage. Scars vary on how the damage was taken; a bearyena's swipe would be smaller than, say, an apes; burn marks, too
  11. FROSTBITE!
  12. more varied eye colors. for example, a mother and daughter pair might both have double green eyes, but the mom has slightly darker eyes than the daughter.
  13. I love that suggestion of wanderer personalities and it fits with this stuff
  14. on that topic, the little fur highlights thing (like with the underbelly and tail tips and stuff) would be awesome too! ( @The guiding spirit!)
  15. I don't play Niche enough with the sound on but if it's not already in the game: when a nicheling enters the water from land, there's a little splash sound
  16. (more effect on gameplay) a new type of berry bush that lives in snowy areas; when the snow melts on them, they are all rejuvenated like the regular bushes are when it rains
  17. on that topic, tree species that survive in the cold, in addition to the pine ones; some could even be deciduous and lose their leaves when it snows!
  18. there's a suggestion on derp snoot variants and I love it; I'd also like more simple variants, like the left eye being smaller than the right one sometimes, and vice versa for ears
  19. DIFFERENT NOSE COLORS! usually (at least on cats and dogs) they depend on the fur color. it would be awesome to see nichelings with different nose colors than actually match their fur due to their entire body being covered by a pattern, as this happens in real life too (I saw a thing about a completely white cat save for a few black hairs that had a black nose; it was suggested that the cat might be a black cat but with an overwhelming white pattern!)
  20. this is kinda  very far-fetched but drawings. all nichelings can do a little interact thing on sand and it will have a randomly-selected preset drawing (maybe there would be a folder in the game files that you could easily put your own drawings into?) on it. if anything steps on the tile, the drawing disappears. nimble fingered nichelings (or ones with presently-un-added genes that give the ability to hold things) could also pick up pebbles/small rocks, then have an interaction to carve into trees (same with folder thing, but separate so you could so different stuff for sand drawings and tree carvings). All the presets would be very simple—a little doodle of Adam (like, almost stick figure sort of skill) or Home Island if you're in Story Mode, a little bearyena, a seashell, etc.
  • Eek! 3
  • Paw up 3

7 hours ago, Sky said:

a LOT of random Niche ideas that is at least partially already suggested that I might actually post if you guys think it's a good idea (if something has been suggested before, feel free to link it for me, and I'll link it in the suggestion if I make it) (they are numbered so you can easily comment about them)

little details that give little to no effect on the gameplay

1. little flowers blooming here and there. a tile with one flower on it might grow more flowers of the same type on the same tile, even the surrounding ones. maybe if a tile became full with (edible) flowers, a nicheling could pick all the flowers for some food! If a grazing ability was added, grazers could eat flowers too.
  2. little pebbles
  3. when you break a rock the tile has a bunch of pebbles on it
  4. varying heights of grass
  5. areas (like 5-10 tiles) that are completely regrowing grass
  6. bush variants—same species, but different shapes and sizes, maybe even different berry counts (one might have a berry less than normal, another might have a berry more)
  7. on that topic, different tree shapes, too
  8. and rock shapes!
  9. dead grass under destroyed rocks
  10. if a nicheling gets attacked it will have visible injuries, with a slight amount of blood if they're bleeding (a tinesy bit more if they have hemophilia; none of this would be too gore-y, we don't want to scare the children); some wounds turn into scars, especially if they caused a lot of damage. Scars vary on how the damage was taken; a bearyena's swipe would be smaller than, say, an apes; burn marks, too
  11. FROSTBITE!
  12. more varied eye colors. for example, a mother and daughter pair might both have double green eyes, but the mom has slightly darker eyes than the daughter.
  13. I love that suggestion of wanderer personalities and it fits with this stuff
  14. on that topic, the little fur highlights thing (like with the underbelly and tail tips and stuff) would be awesome too! ( @The guiding spirit!)
  15. I don't play Niche enough with the sound on but if it's not already in the game: when a nicheling enters the water from land, there's a little splash sound
  16. (more effect on gameplay) a new type of berry bush that lives in snowy areas; when the snow melts on them, they are all rejuvenated like the regular bushes are when it rains
  17. on that topic, tree species that survive in the cold, in addition to the pine ones; some could even be deciduous and lose their leaves when it snows!
  18. there's a suggestion on derp snoot variants and I love it; I'd also like more simple variants, like the left eye being smaller than the right one sometimes, and vice versa for ears
  19. DIFFERENT NOSE COLORS! usually (at least on cats and dogs) they depend on the fur color. it would be awesome to see nichelings with different nose colors than actually match their fur due to their entire body being covered by a pattern, as this happens in real life too (I saw a thing about a completely white cat save for a few black hairs that had a black nose; it was suggested that the cat might be a black cat but with an overwhelming white pattern!)
  20. this is kinda  very far-fetched but drawings. all nichelings can do a little interact thing on sand and it will have a randomly-selected preset drawing (maybe there would be a folder in the game files that you could easily put your own drawings into?) on it. if anything steps on the tile, the drawing disappears. nimble fingered nichelings (or ones with presently-un-added genes that give the ability to hold things) could also pick up pebbles/small rocks, then have an interaction to carve into trees (same with folder thing, but separate so you could so different stuff for sand drawings and tree carvings). All the presets would be very simple—a little doodle of Adam (like, almost stick figure sort of skill) or Home Island if you're in Story Mode, a little bearyena, a seashell, etc.

I live these! Here's a few that already exist

This one is nowhere near as indepth as yours but it's a thing

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sky said:

DIFFERENT NOSE COLORS! usually (at least on cats and dogs) they depend on the fur color. it would be awesome to see nichelings with different nose colors than actually match their fur due to their entire body being covered by a pattern, as this happens in real life too (I saw a thing about a completely white cat save for a few black hairs that had a black nose; it was suggested that the cat might be a black cat but with an overwhelming white pattern!)

I love this. Make this a thing. But Leave the chance of patterns affecting the nose too

kuva.png.0545fbb9edd9fa552ca5020f87752c79.pngJustlookathiscutelittlespottynoseit'sthemostadorablething

• Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, The guiding spirit said:

I don't play Niche enough with the sound on but if it's not already in the game: when a nicheling enters the water from land, there's a little splash sound

We need a splash! A skysplash

• Haha 2
  • Eek! 1

6 hours ago, The guiding spirit said:

A skysplash

A Skysplash? What about a skyesplash or... AN AETHERSKYE

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

[inhale]

LOST KILLED FOUR MAIN CHARACTERS IN ONE EPISODE AND THERE'S ONLY THREE EPISODES LEFT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

LOST creators: we're gonna give you a boatload of like 30 people, and like 10 of them are actual characters

me: yay!! thank you!!

LOST creators: we're not finished. we're gonna kill off all of them but one

• Sad 2